Chapter 65: Brothers

Start from the beginning

"Hey boys!" I say, nodding upwards.

"Captain Serious, you made it to your own birthday celebration! I'm impressed!" Kaner jokes, laughing.

"Shut up, Kaner." I say, playfully rolling my eyes.

The guys all laugh.

"Seriously though, Tazer. Thanks for showing up. We thought we were going to have to celebrate your birthday without you." Shawzy laughs, adjusting his backwards flat brim Chicago Cubs hat.

God, does that kid only have one hat?

I swear, I've seen him wear that every single day of his life.

"Well, I had to show up, of course." I laugh, sitting down at a bar stool next to Saader.

"Yeah, now you're only one year away from thirty!" Shawzy laughs.

I shoot him a look, narrowing my eyes.

He shuts up right away.

"Oh give him a break. He's still young." Sharpie says, laughing.

"Thanks man." I say, smiling.

Sharpie then orders me a drink, and it comes within a few moments afterwards.

"But really, happy birthday Tazer. You've been a joy to know these past years." Saader says, smiling.

"Yeah, you only think that because you don't room with him." Kaner laughs, rolling his eyes.

"For the record, Kaner is the worst roommate of all time, I was the one always cleaning up his shit." I say, raising my eyebrows.

"That is not true." Kaner laughs, shaking his head.

"Kaner, we've all seen you, and we know that it is true." Sharpie says, laughing.

Kaner sips his beer, rolling his eyes and laughing.

The guys and I all talk for about ten more minutes, when a few more Hawks arrive at the scene.

Bryan Bickell, Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Johnny Oduya, Corey Crawford, and the kid of the group, Teuvo Teravainen all head over to where the guys and I are sitting, joining us at the scene.

I greet them, and they all say their happy birthday wishes to me.

All of us guys hang out and have a good amount of drinks for about half an hour, before some of the guys start to become slightly intoxicated.

"I haven't had a night out in so long, and tonight I want to get drunk as fuck and then get laid." Corey admits, running a hand through his hair.

I laugh, sipping the last bit of my drink.

I'm not drunk yet, but I'm pretty sure if I continue drinking at this rate, I will be very soon.

"Do it, man!" Shawzy laughs, hi-fiving Crow.

"Shawzy, you have a girlfriend, remember?" Saader laughs, looking over at Shawzy.

"Yeah, I know! Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything bad." Shawzy laughs, shaking his head.

His voice is hazed.

He is definitely drunk.

With that, Corey and Shawzy head out towards the dance floor together, both of them making complete idiots of themselves, as they attempt to drunk-dance.

I laugh, shaking my head as I lose them in the busy crowd.

The music is still loud, and the dark atmosphere makes it hard for me to see them as they get further and further away.