Her eyes were red and puffy and tears were streaming down her face. I cupped my hands around her face and attempted to wipe away her tears, but they continued gushing out.

"Come here," I gestured to Elle and put my arms around her. She cried into my shoulder while I tried my best to comfort her.

"Will you take me home?" Elle's soft voice suddenly sounded.

"Okay, hang on," I told her, and with that, I used my powers to teleport us back to Elle's room.

"I didn't know you could do that," Elle sounded astounded.

"Yeah, there's a lot other things I can do, such as—" and with a snap of my finger, I made a tub of ice cream appear.

Elle had stopped crying for now and was staring at me wide-eyed. "Here, you like this don't you?" I said and passed Elle the tub of cookie dough ice cream.

"How did you know?" Elle asked curiously and I smirked, "I've got my sources."

Finally grinning, Elle voiced out a "thanks".

Opening the tub of ice cream, Elle started scooping large spoons of it and putting it into her mouth.

"Hey, you're gonna choke if you eat that much at a time," I went over to her worriedly.

"I'm fine, its what I always do," she told me.

What a weird girl. She eats like a cow but still looks so skinny.

"Jare," Elle called out and I turned to her.

"How did you know I was at the library?" She questioned.

"I heard you calling," I told her.

"Thanks," she said with a small smile.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I asked her and she shook her head.

I nodded understandingly, if she doesn't want to tell me, I'll not push it.

--------------------

Night soon came. Jeremy had spent the entire day with me. I could see that he was worried and wanted to know what happened, but he respected my choice when I didn't want to tell him. I couldn't, it might ruin their friendship.

I was thankful that the devil was with me. I would be at a lost had he not been here. Though he was a demon, he was kind yet understanding. I wonder why he became a devil.

"You want to know?" Jeremy suddenly asked and I was brought out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I didn't know what he was referring to.

"You said your thoughts out loud," came his reply and my face flushed.

Did I say all my thoughts out loud? I hope I didn't.

"So...do you want to know how I fell from heaven?" Jeremy asked once again and I nodded.

"There was once a small kid who had a very very close friend," Jeremy started to say.

"They grew up together and when they were older, they were each other's partners on the battlefield," he continued.

"One day, the boy's good friend fell in love with a human. They were so happy together, they deserved a happy ending," Jeremy cleared his throat before continuing.

"But one day, the boy's good friend came and told the boy that the girl he loved was gone. She had taken her own life. However, the boy's friend resurrected her, even though he knew fully well that it was forbidden and got banished to hell."

"The boy tried to save his friend, but ended up getting banished to hell as well. In the end, the girl died as she got into an accident and the boy's friend, unable to bear the lost of his lover once again, took his own life by drinking the termination potion."

His voice got softer as he told me the rest of the story. "The boy wanted to stop his friend, but he was too late. When he got to his friend's place, he was already lying on the floor, cold and lifeless."

A tear rolled down Jeremy's cheek when he finished his story and I reached up to wipe it away with my thumb without thinking.

The guy in front of me wasn't a devil. He was never one to begin with. How much pain must he have gone through? Having lost his friend in such a cruel way.

"Hey, why are you crying again?" Jeremy's concerned voice sounded and I looked up at him with raised brows. I don't recall myself crying, but I felt warm tears rolling down my face.

"Hey, don't cry. If I had known that it'll make you cry, I wouldn't tell you the story," Jeremy frowned as he wiped away my tears gently.

I turned to Jeremy and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He was always smiling, I didn't know he had such a sad past.

I didn't know why, but my heart ached for him. I wanted to do all I can to erase his pain.