c h a p t e r 25

"Cupcakes? What are you doing here?" Jeremy asked in surprise when he saw me.

"I...I have something to tell you," I told him while panting.

After driving to school, I sprinted all the way to the basketball court to look for Jeremy. Ari was right. He looked like a wreck. His hair was messed up, and I could imagine him running his hands through it countless times when he was frustrated. His eyes were bloodshot, screaming that they lacked sleep. He looked, well, like Ari said, kinda dead.

Despite this, he still looked handsome. Only the devil could pull of this look.

"Are you ok?" Jeremy and I both asked at the same time.

"No, are you ok?" I asked, concerned, as I reached my hand out to cup his face. "Cupcakes..." Jeremy trailed off as he placed his large, warm hands above mine.

"I'm sorry," I said softly as I looked into his chocolate orbs. "What for?" Jeremy asked with raised brows. "For avoiding you. For making you lose your sleep. For making you feel bad. For—" Jeremy cut me off. "No, I'm sorry. For not realizing my feelings for you and confessing sooner."

"No, i'm the one who is sorry. Its all my fault," I insisted.

"No, its mine," Jeremy pressed on.

"No, mine."

"Mine."

"Its mine."

"Its—" Just as Jeremy was about to put the blame on himself again, he was cut off.

"Kiss the girl already," his friend hollered.

Jeremy did as his friend said and pulled me close before covering my lips with his. The contact with his lips sent adrenaline throughout my body. My knees turned jello and the only thing that helped keep my balance were his strong arms that were wrapped securely around me. The surroundings faded away as all I could think about were the devil's lips on mine.

Jeremy nibbled on my lips and they parted to let his tongue slip inside my mouth. His tongue explored every corner of my mouth and the lack of oxygen didn't help my racing heart.

Some time later, Jeremy broke the kiss causing me to let out a silent sound of protest.

It seemed like Jeremy heard that as next, he cupped my face with both his hands and planted light, feathery kisses on my forehead. His lips then moved lower and kissed the space between my brows. After that, the tip of my nose and when I thought that he would plant a kiss on my lips, he pulled away with a smirk.

"I think that's enough for now," he said, amusement lacing his features when he saw the pout I was giving him.

When I looked around me, I saw the huge crowd that has gathered there, most of them were Jeremy's group of friends. They were shouting all sorts of comments.

"Finally, it took a long time!"

"You two make a good pair."

"Last long!"

"I ship Jerelle!"

We both smiled when we heard that.

Jerelle huh... To be honest, I have never thought of a ship name for both of us, but I guess we have one now.

--------------------

"You have soft hair," Jeremy thought aloud as he played with my hair. I turned around to see a tinge of red on his face and laughed.

"You too," I complimented him back and he messed up my hair. "Hey!" I narrowed my eyes at him playfully and moved closer to him.

Sensing "danger", he jumped out of bed and ran to the other end of the room. With a smirk, I brought my feet to the floor and walked as threateningly as I can towards him.

Jeremy eyed me cautiously though a hint of a smile threatened its way out of his lips. "Come back here, Jare," I called out as he sprinted away from his previous spot.

"Nah-ah," he sing sang and poked his tongue out at me. "Babe, come here," I tried a term of endearment instead and threw him the most seductive look I could muster.

Guess what? He broke out in a laughter instead of getting "seduced". "You look constipated. Please don't tell me you do that to seduce guys, I'm worried for their eyes," Jeremy said between his laughs and I narrowed my eyes at him and stalked towards him.

"You... I would like to break your face, but it would break my heart, so forget it," I sighed and turned around. Since when did I turn into such a softie around Jeremy.

I jumped a little when I felt warm arms envelope me from behind. I could smell his familiar scent and relaxed. Jeremy rested his chin at the crook of my neck and held me tightly. "Mushy now aren't we?" Jeremy teased and I could feel his breath tickling my skin when he spoke, sending electric currents through my body.

A minute later, he turned me around and leaned his face closer. As his face inched towards mine, my eyelids slowly fluttered close. Instead of feeling his lips on mine, I felt them near my ear.

"What were you expecting cupcakes? I wanted to ask you out on a date," Jeremy's voice held a hint of amusement.

My face turned fifty shades of red at that and I quickly turned around so that Jeremy wouldn't see me blushing.

"Awww you're blushing. How cute," Jeremy cooed and pinched my cheeks just like how a mother would, to her child. My lips flattened and I blushed even harder as his touch zapped me, not literally but, oh well.

Jeremy chuckled. He knew the effect he had on me.

I sighed internally.

Damn you devil, damn you.