Hidden Among The Shadows

Start from the beginning

"Backup needed, how much?" Master Yoda asked, tapping his gimmer stick on the ground. Though its distinctive click was unable to be heard over the holocall, she was more than familiar with its sound to picture it.

"Two squads of men should be enough. One to guard the ship and keep it ready and the other to help transport the slaves," Thia said and Master Yoda nodded slowly at that.

"Send immediately on your signal, we will," Master Yoda promised and Thia nodded.

"I'll let her know to be ready then," Thia said with a nod.

"But what of the colonists then?" Obi-Wan asked, his arms crossed while one hand stroked his beard.

"That won't be easy. The Kadavo mine is heavily fortified." She leaned over the table, peering over the holomap to point out defenses. "Its guards are ready to shoot down anyone that doesn't have clearance. However, if we managed to get clearance, we could send a couple undercover as slaves. Once they're inside, they would be able to comfort the colonists and let them know hope is coming. To infiltrate the guards, however, we would need Amelia's help, as they only allow their own into the mines." If it wasn't apparent that Thia's contact was a Zygerrian, it certainly was now. "Once we're in position, we give the signal and begin the attack," This said, watching as the Council shared a look at that.

"And who, pray tell, would you have go undercover as slaves?" Mace asked and Thia held her head up high.

"I would go undercover, along with volunteers. I won't force anyone to join," Thia replied and watched as the group shared a look.

"I volunteer to go undercover, too," Ikoe said, and the group looked at her shocked.

"Ikoe–" Obi-Wan began, trying to talk her out of this, but Ikoe shook her head.

"I can do this, Master. I've done my fair share of horrible. I'm more than prepared for this. Besides... I doubt they'd keep the younger Togrutas, or anyone else, together with the adults. With me going as well, I'd be able to find them," Ikoe reasoned, and Thia didn't blame them. It was upsetting to send a 16-year-old undercover as a slave. But she had a point, and one she knew well. They would have a different method for breaking and molding a child into a slave than an adult.

"She has a point. If we want to find all the colonists, we'll need someone young. From the reports I've read, Padawan Kryze is more than able to handle this," Thia said and several other members of the holocall nodded at that.

"I wish to help as well," Ahsoka said, and Thia smiled at that.

"Thank you, Padawan Tano. However, I don't think you'll need to join us in the mines. Instead, I recommend that you join the troops that attack the mines once we're in place," Thia said and she couldn't keep from smiling when Ahsoka pouted at that but nodded. Younglings never changed.

"Alright," Ahsoka said, caving in after Anakin whispered something into her ear. Thia had her theories, as she couldn't hear what was said, but it, no doubt, would have been about how they would be able to better help if something went wrong.

"I volunteer to help as well," Rex said. Out of all the volunteers, his was the most unexpected.

Thia, though, aimed a gentle smile his way. "Thank you, Captain. I think three people is more than enough people to go into the mines," she said, and the group nodded.

"We'll meet you outside the Kadavos System then, Thia. Hopefully, that will be more than enough time for you and Captain Amelia to rescue the Governor," Obi-Wan said and Thia nodded in agreement.