8.

CHAPTER 8

Seokmin held Aeri into his arms. The strong wind was hard to resist as they were on the ship. They were having a good time, enjoying the view of the sea and mountains.

"I wish we could freeze this wonderful moment," she remarked.

"Shhh. I'm enjoying this," Seokmin slowly whispered into her ears as he he hugged her back.

"Ew. We look like couples,"

"I don't mind. As long as I'm sticking with my baby sister that's fine,"

"I'm not a baby"

"Yes you are," he suddenly took a chance to touch her nose quickly.

It was annoying to her. He knew she didn't like it but he enjoyed teasing his little sister.

"And here we are," Mrs. Choi suddenly appeared beside them as they arrived at the port.

"Geojodo?" Seungcheol interupted from behind.

"Of course. Ahh I can sense the old good memories back again. How I miss when we were just little girls," she was reminiscing her past as if the others could ever imagined it.

"Doesn't seemed what it looks like when I searched in the internet," Seungcheol kept remarking.

"Oh come on, we haven't got a second to waste!"

They all got off the ship and made their first step on that island. It wasn't really civilised, only a small town that was almost populated by fisherman and farmers. There wasn't really much to impress except for the sea view and mountains. But maybe, the memories that Mrs. Choi and their mother held made this place immensely remarkable.

"Here are some iced tea for you," Mrs. Choi handed the cups to the others as she went out from a stall.

They walked along the town until the appraoched to a blue jeep. A driver suddenly came out and welcomed them.

"So this is Mr. Ryu, he's going to be our driver here. Don't worry, he's super friendly," she introduced them to the kids.

They bowed as a show of respect and went inside the jeep.

"Where are we staying?" Aeri asked.

"Up somewhere on a hill. It's a cabin where we used to stay. Ahh, your mother really loves the morning view there,"

"Never knew you were so into nature mom," Seungcheol remarked with a sarcastic tone.

"It's because we never had time together. And I'm sorry for that. I'm trying to change for good, alright?" She placed her hand onto her son's cheek and stroked it all the way down to his chin. He definitely didn't liked it.

The journey was quite long. And very tiring. The bumpy road couldn't manage to disturb Seokmin's sleep. Aeri looked at him and her heart melt. His soft hair, roman nose, his bone structure was fine and perfectly symmetrical. There was softness in his brother's eyes and gentleness in his smile which makes you feel safe around him. He's a guardian to her.

Her eyes felt heavier than ever and soon went to a deep sleep. Her head was spinning, probably she didn't ate much for breakfast and of course, seasick.

As soon as the woke up, they arrived somewhere very unfamiliar but it was clearly inside the woods.

"Let's all stop by and have some fresh air before we continue our journey," Mrs.Choi spoked with excitement.

"Really, mom?" Seungcheol asked.

Unbelievable, he thought.

They walked around but still close enough to find each other. Mrs.Choi kept talking about the past memories but Aeri wasn't focused at all. She just stood at her brother who was standing alone watching the view.

"Excuse me, I really love to hear more of your stories aunty but I need a space for a while,"

"Well of course you need it. Go on. I'll be checking out on Seungcheol. I'm hoping he wont pee anywhere here, ahh that boy"

Aeri plodded to her brother who was still in his own thoughts.

"What are you thinking?"

He looked down, smiling and turned to Aeri.

"Our future," he replied.

"What about?"

"Baby sis, please stop being so serious. Let's just enjoy what we have now. Come, let's go for a walk," he invited.

As they walked along, Aeri kept collecting the falling leaves that attracted her. She said it was for research but Seokmin knows it's only her guilty pleasure. He just giggled to see how cute his little sister was even though he had to accept the fact she was already eighteen.

"So, do you believe in angels?" She asked suddenly.

"That's a random question you got there. Yeah, I do but not like thosey with wings whatsoever. I just believe that nice things will happen to dead people who are good," he explained deeply.

"Just like mum and dad," She added.

"Yeah... Just like mum and dad,"

They strolled back to the spot where the jeep stopped. But as they areived, it wasn't there nor did their aunt or Seungcheol.

"Maybe we took a wrong route?" Aeri thought.

"No, this must be the place, I remember I stood here earlier," he convinced.

"Do you think they left us?" She started to worry.

"I'm not sure. But we did went far from their sight. Perhaps their searching for us," Seokmin tried to be rational.

They started to wait.

And waited.

And waited.

4 hours passed by. Still no sign of anyone.