Chapter 15 - Job Interview

Fiona had targeted Tony.

As much as Louise didn't want to have anything to do with that man but Tony had done so much for her and she wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.

She paced nervously along the front side of the café shop trying to think of a way out. Fiona and her group had long gone but Louise couldn't stop her mind for worrying about Tony.

What could she do to stop that girl?

She couldn't just march upstairs and told Tony about Fiona and her plan, he would laugh at her and it could be worst, he would think that Louise was jealous after all.

Damn it!!!

She paced a little faster and tried to find a way out and she halted when an idea popped into her mind. She had no choice, she had to be by his side to watch over him....

"Jacob." She called her manager.

"Yeah?"

"Can I work upstairs?"

"What?" he looked at her blankly.

"Uh, I mean, I want to resign so I can work upstairs at Morasco's office. I know you had helped me with this job but uh, Tony had offered me a job and I...."

"Oh my god, about time!!!!" Jacob exclaimed loudly. "You go girl! Work upstairs and make me proud, you deserve to have better job than wiping these tables clean!"

***

"Hey, is Mr Morasco in today? I need to see him." Louise asked Angel, the receptionist when she stepped her foot in the foyer of Morasco's building.

"Yeah I think so, you can go upstairs and check yourself. You know Emma resigned, I really have no idea where he is lately. Here take a card." She gave Louise a temporary keycard so she could go pass the lift and security doors like she used to do when she delivered his lunch.

"Thanks Angel." Louise smiled at her and took the lift to level 25.

It was after lunch and everyone was already back to work. The office was busy with noises came from people talking on the phones or discussing stuff with their colleagues.

Slowly Louise approached Tony's office. As usual his door was open and she saw him inside buried in his work.

"Tony...." She knocked the door and called him softly.

His head snapped up when he heard her voice and his serious face lighten up.

"Hey you." He dropped the roll of blueprints that he held on his humongous desk and strolled toward her. "What's up? What are you doing here?" he greeted her with his usual cheeky grin. "I am about to go downstairs to get my coffee. I miss you already." Casually he dropped a kiss on her temple. Louise would definitely scowl him for kissing her anytime he wanted but she was too nervous to do so right now. She had more important thing to discuss.

"Here's your coffee." She gave him a large take away cup that she prepared earlier.

"Aw... Whiskey, thank you. I know you love me."

"Um... I need to talk to you." She spoke.

"Oh yeah? About you and me planning our first date?"

"No!" she pouted.

"Then I am disappointed."

"Tony!"

"Fine fine, let's talk."

"It's about the job...." She started.

"The job?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, uh..... about your offer...."