Chapter 8: Confrontation

"Junseo, I'm getting off here" Says Joy as she presses the stop button.

"What? Why?" He cries in a childish voice making Joy chuckle.

"Because I missed my bus but luckily I see SungJae's work a few blocks away so I'm going there" Joy explains as the bus stops at the lights.

"SungJae? You mean the singer?" Asks Junseo. Joy laughs and nods, SungJae had always sang at her birthdays and so it's possible even Junseo would know since Zelo saw my videos online.

The bus stops at the bus stop before Junseo can ask another question.

"Oh! Junseo, I'll message you on Kakao" Says Joy as she gives him a quick hug and waves jumping off the bus.

Junseo looks at the waving Joy and chuckles. "Ha. SungJae from BTOB? She's always had a crazy imagination" He laughs as he watches for his next stop.

Joy waves goodbye to Junseo frantically till she can't see the bus any longer.

"Okay! Cube Entertainment" Shes says as she grabs her phone and searches it up and with no surprises nothing comes up.

"Yook SungJae" Says Joy as she rolls her eyes letting out a sigh. Joy doesn't really know this place well so she can't figure out where there's a good place to buy something.

The bus stop was a few blocks away from Cube Entertainment and so Joy walked towards that direction looking for shops that she could buy a small gift or maybe a decent lunch.

Jumpin' Luncheon 

There's a little cafe that looks weird but the sweets displayed look good and so Joy goes in. The bells rings as the door closes behind her. 

"Hello. How may I help you?" Smiles a girl at the counter. Joy returns to the smile and looks at the cakes and savories that are displayed.

"Is there anything you're looking for in particular?" Asks the girl. Joy scans the foods and spots a banana cake with chocolate icing.

"How much is that cake?" Asks Joy as she points to the cake. 

"Good choice, this is the last cake left. It is on special today so it is $10 but is usually $25" Says the girl as she smiles. Joy buys the cake and leaves with the bag in her hands with a wide smile.

As the Cube Entertainment sign comes into near sight Joy can clearly see that there are crowds of people near the entrance. Joy slows her steps down as she looks around at what's happening. 

"Whats going--" Joy's words are cut short when someone crashes into her. They both land on their behinds.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't see you" Says a male voice as he approaches Joy and offers to help her up.

No, thats okay. It happens. At least thats what she was going to say. But Joy noticed the cake was now open and crushed next to her. So instead.

"YOU RUINED MY CAKE!" She yells in frustration. 

"I-I'm sorry. I'll buy you another one" He apologizes. Joy rolls her eyes as she messes her hair up.

"This was the last one!" Joy says louder than intended. He scratches his head as he looks around worried.

"I'm sorry I really am, but I'm in a rush right now so" He quickly grabs his wallet pulling out a $50 note then hands it to Joy.

"Goodbye" He says as he bows then runs off towards the entertainment. 

Usually Joy would just let this pass by and would accept the money then leave. But she is no longer the same Joy as she was before and she didn't want to take money from a stranger.