As soon as Mel unlocked the door Cas and Walter ran forward grabbing ahold of Linc as he was about to do far worse damage to the idiot.
"Lincoln please, come back to me," Mel cried as he struggled getting free from Walter and Cas.
His rage was too intense that it took time for him to register were exactly he was as he looked around the diner before his eyes landed on Mel.
"Mel are you alright?" He asked as Walter and Cas slowly let him go.
"I should be asking you that," Mel whispered taking his bloodied hands into hers.
Looking into his eyes they slowly became normal as Mel realized he had gone too far and if not for Ken sending for help Brad would be dead right about now.

"Will you be able to handle this," Mel asked Cas just as the sheriff entered the diner fast becoming pale as he took in the scene.
"It's nothing too serious," Cas chuckle as Walter slowly led them to the car.
As they left several cars arrived at the diner; men in sharp suits hopping out as well as two doctors.

---

"Sit," Mel said as she grabbed the first aid kit.
"I'm alright sweetheart," Linc smiled.
"No Linc. Did you see what you did back there. I know they begged for it but darling you nearly killed that man. You let your anger take over," she said as he reached out to wipe away her tear.
"I'm sorry sweetheart," he said pulling her into his arms.
"Just don't let it happen again."

"I won't because you center me," he whispered.
"Why do you have to go and say sappy things when I am already crying?"
"Because I love being sappy for you," he smiled.
"Come on let me patch you up," she said between sniffles.
"Very well we said flexing his hand before she stared cleaning away the blood.
Most of it not his as Mel gently blew to numb the sting of alcohol on the bruises.

Tilting his face towards the light she cleaned up more bruises before she undid his shirt checking for any damage before she was satisfied that he was fine. All the while he sat still just watching her a smile on his face.
"What?" She asked.
"I'm just thinking how much fun it's going to be for me when I am attending to you," he grinned as Mel rolled her eyes trying to hide a smile.
"Do I look like I have been in an brawl," she chuckled as he hopped off the counter.
"With the beating you gave that little num nut back there, you look like you just got off the runway," he teased lifting her onto the counter. "But I don't want you waking up with a migraine," he said as she flinched away from him when he barely touched her cheek.
Bringing an alcohol swab to her bruised check her fingers curled around his shirt as she looked pained.
"Almost done love," he said pulling down her shirt to look at the arm Brad had been holding onto. "I should have killed him," he growled seeing the angry bruise.
"Lincoln no," Mel said in a pained voice as his features softened.
"I'm sorry," he whispered leaning down to kiss her lips.

"It's okay Linc," she said softly stroking his jawline as he calmed down. "I just want to rest now," she sighed as he scooped her up.
Feeling her become tense as he left the bed he joined her whispering. "Amour reste je suis ici."
"I love you," she said sleepily.
"I love you more," he said with a smile.

--------

A few days later

"Mon petite chaufferie," Linc murmured with a smile looking at Mel as she concentrated on the road back home.
She scoffed sending him a glare as he chuckled.
"It suits you," he said as she gave him a questioning look.
"That smart mouth of yours is going to get you trouble," she laughed.
"I accept any form of punishment," he smiled making her chuckle.

"What are we going to do about our mole and the press," she asked.
"We will deal with the mole, as for the press I have no time to satisfy other people's needs when I have my family to look after," he said in a low gruff voice that had her insides turning.
"Okay," she smiled turning to see him leaning back into his seat closing his eyes as she drove them back home.