I went out the door, and ran into a third police man. He asked who I was and all that, and I told him, so he let me go through, and I went back downstairs to my flat.

Everyone was at the bottom of the steps now, looking up, waiting for me.

We all got back in and closed the door, and collapsed on the couch and chairs.

"Well? I guess it didn't go well?" Lou asked, and by now, Gwen was sitting on my lap hugging me.

"He was too much for me tonight. He was REALLY pissed off. Out of it. And me being totally pis.sed drunk didn't help. Someone called the police, so that's good, cause he was still attacking her when they got here. I managed to get him off of her for a few seconds, but that didn't last long.

And the fvcker bent my fvcking wrist. I think it's broken."

Gwen immediately straightened up on me and looked down at my now swollen wrist I held out.

"Harry! Are you alright? Anything else hurt? You need to go to the hospital and have that checked! Look at it! It's swollen already!" she said sounding very concerned, and then sprang from my lap to go into the kitchen.

In seconds, she was stumbling back to me with a towel filled with ice cubes. "We're out of plastic bags" she told me as she gently wrapped my wrist in the towel as best as she could. I adjusted it so the cubes weren't stabbing into me, and I smiled up at her. I liked her taking care of me. It made me feel loved and cherished. I gave her a peck, and she started to get her hoodie and grabbed mine too.

"Going somewhere?" I asked her.

"Yeah....you gotta get that checked", she said, pointing to my wrist, trying to not be slurring drunk like she was. She was so cute.

I smiled up to her.

"You gonna drive, babe? Cause I can't!"

"Um....no? But we.....gotta......" she didn't know what her plan was now. I could see the worry on her face, though.

"I can drive!" I heard in the background. I turned to look at Tabby. That's right. She'd just gotten here, and hadn't lost a round yet, so she was completely sober. Yes. Perfect.

"I'll go with, I suppose....emergency rooms take forever this time of night", Paul added in and got up to get his jacket. Tabby got up too, and started getting her sweatshirt and purse, and I stood up and walked to Gwen. "I guess I'm going to the hospital now. Pleased?"

"I am. Wait for me though, I'll just get my...." she said, but I cut her off.

"It's alright Gwen. Stay here. It'll be really boring there, and it'll take HOURS, literally. And you've spent enough time in the hospital, right?" I told her.

I really didn't want her to go. It'd make her think of her time there, and she was really drunk, and it just would suck all around, for everyone. But especially her. I could see if I was seriously hurt, but this was just my wrist. I wouldn't die. I didn't want her out in the world, drunk. She was comfortable around Lou, so....yeah.

I was sobering up, but I still couldn't think perfectly straight.

......Or walk it, either, as I found out when I got up to take my hoodie from Gwen who had it ready for me. She helped me get it on, since it's hard with one hand. She gave me a big kiss goodbye, and made sure I had my phone. She looked upset, so I reassured her I'd live, and she hugged me all the way to the door and finally let me go. I followed Paul and Tabby out, and off we went.

Great night. Nice one. Yeah. Thanks, neighbors!

GWEN'S POV:

I watched them all leave, then I turned and closed the door and looked around the room. It was so quiet now, when it had been so noisy and fun filled just a short time ago. Poker hands sat on the coffee table, along with shots left in the middle, empty shot glasses at everyone's spot, except Tabby's, and cracker crumbs everywhere else.