Partners in crime

"I cant tell what they're saying!"
Nino whispered to the nosy red head.
"Well, it looks like Adrien is talking to Marinette's parents. Her dad is probably having a good time making him uncomfortable. I bet Mari is getting ready."
The pair watched for a moment longer when suddenly the raven haired girl hopped down the steps and waved goodbye to her parents.
"Oh no! here they come! Hide quick!!!"
Alya pulled Nino by his wrists into the alley between the bakery at the exact moment Adrien and Marinette walked out.
"Hey Mari lets grab some ice cream before we head to the movies since we have time to kill."

"That sounds delicious! Whats your favorite flavor Adrien?"
Alya smiled as she watched the young couple walk away towards the ice cream shop.
"They are really getting along well. Adrien was to nervous to ask out Marinette first but it looks like they are comfortable with each other."
Nino stated.
"Agreed. Now come on Nino! Lets go get ice cream!"

"R-really? With me?"

"Yep! I need my partner in crime to help me spy on them!"
Nino looked disappointed for a split second before he began to be dragged once again after the couple.

Once in the ice cream shop, Alya picked a seat far in the back where they could watch unnoticed. Alya watched as Nino picked up one mint chocolate ice cream cone and a banana split.
'Banana splits are my favorite'
Alya thought to herself.

"Hey! Heres the banana split."

"How did you know i liked banana splits?"

"Um w-well you told me."

"Well ya but that was in like 2nd grade. How did you remember that?"
Nino looked into Alya's caramel eyes for a moment before answering.
"I guess i have a really good memory."

"Oh well, um. Thank you Nino!"
Alya smiled brightly at him. Nino blushed.
'Has he always blushed like this? Has he always acted nervous around me?"

"Shh! Nino we have to be quiet!"

"Alya this is crazy! If we get caught we could get into so much trouble!"

"Oh what trouble could we possibly be in for break- i mean entering the monitor room and switching the movies?"

"Um how about... ALOT!! We could get banned from the movies and then i would never be able to take yo- i mean your lovely siblings to the movies like, ever!"
Nino was breathing heavily and his face was a bright red.
"Oh Nino! You worry to much! It will be fine as long as you do exactly what i say."
But Nino didnt budge. Nino keep his feet firmly in place and refused to let the beautiful girl pull him into another one of her crazy attempts at matchmaking and perfect-date making.
"Nino. Please? I can't do this with out you! You're my partner in crime!"
Alya did her best at a convincing pout when the boy finally gave into the silly girl.
"Okay alright fine! Just stop making that face! Its distracting me."

"What?"

"Nothing hurry up Alya the employee just left for his next shift."
Alya and Nino ran toward the monitor room and alya juggled the doorhandle. It opened. The room would have been plenty good for a single person but for two people? Not so much! Nino and Alyas shoulders were squished together in the tiny space as Alya got out the movie that she planned for Adrien and Marinette's first date. 'The Notebook' it was by far Alya's favorite love story. She just knew that it would set the mood for romance in the theater. Alya slowly slid down the wall and sat down, exhausted but happy that her mission was almost complete.
"Now all thats left is the goodnight kiss and my mission will be completed!"
Alya felt Nino slid down next to her.
"Why is this so important to you? I mean, i know that Marinette is your best friend but, we have been running around all afternoon chasing them and completing your check list for 'Mari's perfect date!' What about your perfect date?"

"I-I... Nino, can you keep a secret?"

"Of course! You can trust me with anything Alya! Anything at all."
Nino took Alya's hand and she didn't pull away.

"Well, i uh -always kind of wanted a 'perfect date' i get so caught up in helping Mari with her love life that i forget that i-... That I dont have my own. I dont have anyone to ask to the movies or get ice cream with or watch the notebook with. Sometimes i just feel so lonely watching other peoples relationships. I wish i had that. Someone to trust, someone to hold me hand, someone to care for me."

"But Alya. You do."

Alya looked at Nino and realized he was right. Nino was right. She did have someone who cared for her, she did have someone to hold her hand. She did trust Nino with all of her heart. She looked into Nino's eyes and saw something there that she didn't notice before. Something she was to blind to see.
'Nino loves me.'