Nothing Compared to You (7MIHOH)

Start from the beginning

She walked towards a couch and, to her surprise, though obvious delight, Link was the only one sitting there.

"Hey Link," she greeted as she plopped down next to him on the couch.

"Oh, hey Zelda...Didn't know if you would be able to come, who'd you get a ride with?" he inquired.

"Impa, I walked to her house and she drove me here," Zelda explained.

"That's cool," he said, without any depth, like he wasn't interested anymore. Then there was a minute of silence. "What do you think of Din?" he asked suddenly.

Zelda was taken aback, did Link like Din? "Um, I think she's a jerk," she replied honestly.

Link blushed and looked down at his hand. "Yeah..." he sighed.

Zelda still couldn't decide if she thought Link had a crush on Din when Shadow Link jumped onto a table and loudly announced, "We're going to play-" he hiccupped and then continued, "-7 Minutes in Heaven."

There were cheers and groans from the crowd, and Shadow held out a hat that was already full of names. Zelda seriously hoped that in his drunken state he'd have forgotten to add her name in.

"Link-" Shadow hiccuped again, "You...you can go first..." he said, struggling to keep his voice loud before laughing and shoving the hat in front of his face.

Link glared at him. "I don't want to play," he said.

Shadow glared back. "You don't have a choice," he said and shoved it into his face again.

Link scowled and put his hand into the hat, pulled out a piece of paper, unfolded it, and burst into such a bright color of fire that Zelda could literally feel the heat. He turned to her and showed her the piece of paper, her name was written plainly across it.

"Congratulations!!" Shadow cried drunkenly and shoved them both into the small coat closet.

One describing word for the closet was small, really really small. They were chest to chest and nose to nose, at least until they pressed themselves back in the closet. That gave them a few more inches between each other.

"I'm not kissing you for this game," Zelda said, nervous, breathless, and unsure whether she wanted to or not.

Link smiled slightly. "I wasn't expecting you to."

There was a long stretching silence then. Giggles and snorts could be heard from outside, along with the occasional hiccup from Shadow.

Link finally broke the silence. "I'm glad I got your name... I mean, if I hadn't, then one of those weirdos out there could have gotten it... I don't even want to think about what Groose would ha--" he shuddered slightly from the thought. Groose... More like gross.

Zelda smiled slightly. "I'm glad you got my name, I didn't want to get in any weird situations tonight...." she said, and then she hugged him tightly. "I'm glad you managed to save me from that. Even if it was only by sheer luck of the draw."

He was stiff, but then loosened after a bit and hugged her back, his returning hug almost squeezed her into oblivion.

When she let go, he hurriedly followed suit.

Zelda smiled at Link's blushing face. "You're pretty cute Link," she commented.

Link raised an eyebrow. "Where'd that come from."

"From the bottom of my heart," she teased.

Link smirked slightly and shook his head. "Thanks, I guess," he said, and then looked back at her with his hand on his jaw nervously. "You too," he said.

Zelda smiled slightly, she hadn't realized it but their faces had gotten extremely close. Not that she would have minded, but after a small amount of leaning in further... she heard the chanting outside and tore herself back and looked away from him.

Link looked rejected, but his face turned to understanding when the door opened.

Zelda didn't want to be seen kissing him, it would be gossiped about for weeks at their school.

Shadow Link's face was comical with his disappointed look, "You guys... are lame," he said and shoved the hat under Vaati's nose.

Link rolled his eyes. "Sorry Shadow, you can't win them all."

Zelda looked at Link and motioned slightly for him to follow her, which he did, and she led him outside and to the deck which was in partial light.

It was slightly awkward; they both knew what they wanted to do, but neither of them wanted to start it. They leaned against the side of the porch; Zelda looking forward, Link looking at her.

It was silent for another few minutes, and then Zelda asked her question. "You and Din aren't..." she asked softly.

Link burst into laughter, "Why'd you think that?" he asked with disbelief.

She blushed. "Well you asked me what I thought of her, then sighed... and..."

Link took a step closer to her, blushing. "Din beat me up, I only asked about her because I was wondering if you knew," he said and laid a brave hand on her face. "She doesn't even exist to me, she's nothing compared to you," he said using his courage to help him.

Zelda blushed, "Y-you really think that?" she said breathlessly.

Link nodded and had put his other arm around her waist. "I really do..." he said and then leaned forward.

She came up to meet him, and their lips pressed together for the first time.

He leaned away and looked at her with a satisfied smile. "Do you believe me?" he asked.

Zelda bit her lip and raised an eyebrow. "I don't know... I think I need some more proof," she said softly, a small amount of a mischievous, playful tone in her voice.

Link moved his right hand from her cheek and down to her waist instead and then he pulled her closer to him so that their bodies were touching.

Zelda tilted her head to the side and eyed him curiously. She'd never seen him act like this before... Not that she minded at all. Link's lips tore her from these thoughts as they connected with hers again.

She finally pulled away and looked down at his chest, fixing her eyes on the green shirt he always seemed to wear. "I guess...I believe you..." she said and bit her lip lightly, embarrassed.

"Good," said Link with a smile.

He'd finally gotten what he wanted; he'd finally done what he wanted. He was happy. She was happy. And Shadow was still drunk.