18) Never Safe

Thieves & Cuffs

18) Never Safe

Previously

  It was a long drive later when I started to think that the lack of sleep was making me hallucinate, since Tristan was walking towards the van once it parked to the side as if he was a free man.  

Now

''Shit.'' I muttered underneath my breath and closed my eyes tightly, I rubbed them as I knew I was hallucinating that Tristan was stood right in front of the car. 

''Am I dreaming?'' I asked the man who was sat next to me, I turned my head towards him. 

He didn't reply, instead he removed himself from the driver seat and got out of the car, he slammed the door shut and I copied him.

I had taken slow steps towards Tristan, who's eyes stayed on mine the whole time.

''What are you doi-how did you even get out? Why-'' Tristan had cut me off short once he pulled me closer to him and his hands were placed on my cheeks, his soft lips on top of mine.

I stayed frozen, in shock, not knowing what to do!

What we are doing right now is illegal. I could lose my job and be sent to prison. A prisoner has escaped from prison, and he's kissing me right now!

But I couldn't help it, I had to kiss him back. It was like a norm of mine. 

I could tell that Tristan had enjoyed the slow kiss that we shared together. Once I pulled away, I looked up into his eyes and stared at him, my feelings were all over the place. 

''God, I've missed you.'' Tristan gently rubbed my cheek with his fingers that were rough against my skin. They had fighting scars, all over his hand too.

''Tristan, how the hell did you get out of prison? This is completely illegal! I could get fired, you could get a longer prison sentence. Oh, my God. We're fucked, I can't believe that you-'' I was cut off from my rant by Tristan, who grabbed onto my bottom lip and shushed me.

I nodded my head with his fingers that had their grip on my bottom lip still. 

''Okay, I'll calm down.'' I said, but a little bit of drool dribbled onto Tristan's finger since he was still holding onto my lip.

I slapped away Tristan's hand, and he wiped it on his prison clothes.  ''Sorry.'' I mumbled underneath my breath in embarrassment, but Tristan just grinned at the blush that appeared on my face.

''I'm sorry that Jake is after you.''

That's all that Tristan said that made me gulp nervously, ''What do I do now? He knows where I live, and he's probably in my home right now doing God knows what.'' 

''I know, I know. That's what I'm trying to figure out for you Jessica.'' Tristan leaned against the car, and glanced towards the men that drove me here.

They all made eye contact, and Tristan reached out and grabbed my wrist gently as he pulled me towards me. 

He placed his hands on my hips as I was in between his legs. ''I'll get you out of this, I promise.'' His words soothed my nerves.

''How are you going to get back into prison? I'm sure you've not decided to escape forever.'' I rolled my eyes, knowing the amount of hassle and police that will be on the search for him.

Tristan snickered to himself, ''Don't worry about that.' 

I furrowed my eyebrows, ''What do you mean?''