15) Hospital

Thieves & Cuffs

Tristan Black as David Beckham. 

15) Hospital

It's been three whole days since Tristan has been in the hospital. Three whole freakin days.

These last three days have been filled with questions, waiting and frustration. Questions about what happened, of course me Caleb and Mark had said who the people were, and due to them attempting murder, they're going to have a trial of their new sentence.

In some ways, I was happy but what they did to Tristan was still there. They had torn something, said to the doctor but Tristan was a fighter. Which is why he was in the hospital bed, whiter then snow, eyes dull and tired as his hand twitched towards mine.

There were two security guards outside of the room due to the fact Tristan was still a criminal, they were there in case Tristan tried to escape.

Luckily, there were no cameras around so they couldn't see me holding back my tears as I held onto Tristan's weak hand.

Even though I was knocked out of conscious, I had woken up several hours later with a banging headache, the doctor told me to keep off of my feet which is why I was off work for a few days until i was ready to come back. 

I was glad to find out that the people who hurt us, Ty and his other men were being transferred to a much stricter and high security prisons strictly for attempted murderers, man slaughter cases and murderers. 

''I'm sorry this happened to you.'' I said quietly, I knew that Tristan's senses were sensitive at the moment.

I gently rubbed his hand with my thumb.

His head slowly turned towards me weakly, and he coughed in pain once he tried to move. 

''Hey, hey, hey just relax.'' I stood up and made his pillow more comfortable as I held up his head. Slowly, his head moved back down onto the colder side of the pillow.

''I didn't... protect you.'' His voice sounded dry and thirsty.

''You did, it wasn't your fault that I got hurt. You guys were outnumbered.'' I moved my hand towards the side table, and picked up the full glass of water that was there for Tristan.

''I'm going to lift your head up, so you can drink this okay?'' Tristan hummed a yes, and I gently lifted his head again slowly.

I placed the cup at his dry lips and he opened them with effort, I tilted the cup forward which allowed the water to go into his mouth.

His eyes closed tightly at the fresh taste of water. 

''There you go...''  I placed the empty cup down once Tristan moved back down to a laying position.

''I want to get out of this... fucking hospital.'' His voice sounded much more better, ''And this fucking dress!''

Quickly, the door opened and my face turned towards the sound of the two guards questioning what was happening.

I shook my head once they asked if there was something wrong, ''Everything is fine. He's just a little annoyed of the clothing choice...'' It wasn't really a choice, since every patient had to wear that open gown that flowed to their knees.

They nodded their heads and proceeded to walk out of the room, and guard it.

Once the door was shut and it was just us two alone, I placed my hand back into Tristan's cold one.