Chapter 8

Vlad's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my niece screaming in the middle of the day. Then, I heard the sound of my sister falling over on the way to stop my niece from crying. Then, I heard the sound of my sister's boyfriend helping my sister up. Then I heard the sound of the postman downstairs. Then, I heard the sound of my girlfriend picking up the post and coming back inside before the sun burnt her to dust.

I feel like it's my turn to make a noise. I thought to myself, transporting downstairs and into a pile of rubbish, making a clattering sound.

"Hi, Vlad," Erin said, walking past me.
"Hi Erin," I replied. Suddenly, I got a telepathy message.

Vladdy, Alex and I are coming to Garside Grange. Don't ask why. Oh, and Renfield's coming too.

It was from my father, clearly. He was the only one who ever called me Vladdy and he was, surprise surprise, bringing Alex McCauley, the ex-head teacher of Garside Grange School.

"Vlad?" Erin said, "what's up?"
"Dad's visiting," I told her, finding Ingrid.

When I found her, she was holding Azera and Piers was talking to her about something.
"Ingrid, Dad's coming. Don't know when, don't know why. Don't ask." I told her, rushing about the place.