Chapter 33: The first step closer.

Caden

Breathe.

I reminded myself but it would see I'd underestimated my frozen state.

Breathe Caden.

How could I? He held me in a warm embrace. My heart was racing faster than usual. I was in a conscious frozen state. I'd never felt like this. At least, not with him around.

What exactly is happening? Why... why do I feel this way?

Gradually, he released me, taking a step backwards in the process. My eyes met his but I knew the wide expression on my face wouldn't fade so easily. Staring into his, they neither held surprise nor that of embarrassment. He well meant to embrace me. It wasn't a mistake.

As his arms fell back to his sides, he turned away, walked back to his desk and took whatever he needed. Next, he walked past me, making sure our eyes never met again. Only when he was out of sight did I release a wide breath, thereafter drawing in as much as possible to survive.

I felt hot. Placing a hand on my chest, I could feel its abnormal racing. I was in dilemma.

"What... what was that?" I managed to question, though, no one in particular. Why an embrace? Why is my heart suddenly acting strange? Why am I not myself?

I should have pushed him away, demanded that he at least treat me with courtesy. Being his doesn't give him the right to take control of my body whenever he wishes. Yes. I should have said that but... why didn't I?

I'd been dumbfounded. Speechless.

I shook my head as if to get rid of whatever charm he might have had on me. I need to go. I need to leave.

"Why is it so hot all of a sudden?" I wondered as I fanned myself using my hand while making my way out of the room.

On stepping out of the building, I saw Blayze get into his car. Soon, he was on his way.

Letting go of a deep sigh, I made my way towards my car.

* * *

I held the towel over my wet hair, wiping thoroughly. As my gaze met that of my reflection's in the mirror, I felt lost, thrust back into the memory from earlier.

"I know this might be unusual but let me do this as a favour from you."

Those words and then his sudden embrace. My heart. That was definitely strange of me but the strangest part is the fact that I couldn't seem to stop thinking about that moment. His request. His arms drawing me in and my chest against his.

It only took the loud knock on the door to force me back to reality. Immediately, I made a turn, out of the bathroom and hurrying towards the door. Taking hold of the knob, I turned and pulled the door open.

Right away, my eyes met a pair of his. Steadily, they widened, giving away the fact that I'd fallen victim to the word surprise. My mind went blank. My thoughts blurred.

I thought about him and now... here he was.

I watched as his eyes left mine, going lower, suddenly they stopped, strangely fixated on something. I needed to know what so as he looked elsewhere, I looked down.

Upon realization, I gasped, wrapping my arms around myself immediately.

How could I have forgotten? I just had my bathe and had a towel on. Gosh, this is so embarrassing.

I was unable to steady my eyes with his. I need to disappear.

"I need you to move into my room."