“How dare you, you detestable wretch!” she hissed with chagrin. “A woman scorned is a dreaded thing, Dorian, you should make note of that and remember it well. I had thought with the little bitch gone you would see just how much of a besotted fool you were-“

            “What did you say?” he hissed ominously.

            Victoria jerked her chin sharply, her eyes flashing like daggers as she said, “That little nymph had you acting like an infatuated youth. I do not like being replaced, especially with some little chit with no curves to please a man!”

            She stiffened as he unexpectedly moved forward, closing the space between them in three angry strides as he grasped her wrist in a bruising manner. “You better pray, Victoria, that you had no part in Ginelle’s disappearance.” He growled with such menace that a shiver of fear raced down her spine. “If you have harmed her in any way, I will personally see your reputation in shambles.”

            Her sapphire eyes narrowed in sudden distaste. “If not for her, you would not treat me so cruelly. You would not make threats on my person so harshly.”

            “She is not at fault for any of this.”

            “What makes her so different?” Victoria snapped.

            He was silent for a moment and than he said, “I love her.” Her blue eyes widened with horrified astonishment, “So I suggest you take what pride you have left remaining and leave my manor for good. If she is harmed in any way possible, I am holding you entirely responsible.”

            Victoria gasped, outraged. “I cannot believe you are choosing her over me!”

            His grip tightened and she winced as he jerked her closer, his blue eyes jutting like blades of ice. “I have no confliction in ending you now.” He snarled maliciously. “I know you did not accomplish this feat on your own, who aided you?”

            She clamped her mouth shut, her sapphire eyes glinting challengingly as he glared violently down at her.

            He shook her roughly, “Tell me!”

            “Nathaniel Sharp.” She disclosed, attempting to pull free of his grasp.

            Dorian stiffened, “Sharp?”

            She grinned, “The man was easily persuaded, having a great deal of dislike for you, and harboring a bit of revenge for having been rejected by your precious Ginelle, he was easily lured into my plans, especially since the man is in a financial crisis. Flash a bit of coin and he was hooked like the imbecile he is.”

            His fingers tightened and her glint of triumphant wavered, “Who else?” he demanded, “What did you to do her?”