Chapter Nine

We'd been in some kind of airplane hanger for around eight hours or more so far. I was given a washcloth and a small bucket of cloudy water, though I honestly didn't care, and washed my face and hands and arms and neck and legs as best I could. I just wanted the mud off of me. After that, I let whoever was next use it and sat next to Owen. Exon was getting checked my a nurse, and Zach and Gray were both with Claire. I sighed, then decided I might as well as walk around a little bit since it was safe in here.

"Owen, is it okay if I just, you now, walk around a little bit. I'm super bored." I said to him, and he shrugged.

"Go ahead, just not too far okay." He said, and I smiled at him and got up to go walk. As soon as I got at least twenty feet from Owen, I spotted Zach and Gray. Zach was getting shocked by another nurse, her looking at the scratch on the side of his head. I walked over to them, and waved to them when they spotted me.

"Hey Paige." Gray's said, and I sighed and took a seat next to him. "Are you okay? Like, nothing too serious?" He continued and I shook my head no.

"How's Owen and Exon?" Zach asked.

"Owen's okay. He's got a small scratch in her head and some on her arms but nothing to worry about. It seems Exon only had a few deep cuts here and there, like the one on her cheek and another on her side. I think she just got done getting checked by a nurse." I said, and he nodded, which mad the nurse who was treating him tell him not to move since she was stitching his cut closed. One she was done, Zach thanked her and went off to who knows where.

"Five bucks says he's looking for Exon." Gray says to me, and I giggle.

"Ten bucks says he's gonna kiss her." I challenged, and we both shook hands on our bet.

"I hope so. I agree with you, the sexual tension was killing me." Gray sighed, and I giggled and nudged his arm with my elbow. He chuckled and wrap an arm around my shoudlers, pulling me to him. "I'm glad I met you, Paige. You're my best friend." He said, and I felt my face heat up but I just giggled again.

"You're my best friend too." I said to him, and we just sat like that, my head on his shoulder and his head leaning against mine with his arm around my shoulders for about two minutes until he spotted his parents. I smiled at him and stood up, bringing him up with me. "I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said to him. He nodded and I waved bye to him as I walked back over to Owen. I saw him looking at something, so naturally I looked as well and I stopped dead in my tracks. It was Exon, and Zach. Kissing!

Yes! I so am getting ten bucks from Gray now!

I sat down, a small smile on my lips as just watched them. Claire sadly had to ruin the cute moment and probably tell Zach his parents were there. Exon basically shooed him away and walked back over to us, and I pretended like I didn't see anything. Owen, on the other hand, didn't.

He smirked at her, which she rolled her eyes at and gave me a side hug. "Well that was just adorable, Exon." Owen commented, and she looked over at him with a playful glare.

"Oh, shut up. I saw you kissing Claire too so ha." She said to him, making me giggle and his ears turn a bit red.

Awe, Owen was embarrassed hehe.

Suddenly, Exon was almost tackled by Gray with a hug. She giggled and ruffled the his hair, and returned the hug. After he let her go, he turned to me and did the same thing to me. I felt my face heat up but I didn't care and I hugged him back while laughed a little.

"Oh, you must be Exon! I'm Karen, Zach and Gray's mom!" A dirty-blonde woman said suddenly and Exon stood up, extending her hand to her. She ignored it and wrapped her in a hug instead. I could tell by Exon's facial expression that she was shocked, but she returned the hug anyways. Once she let her go, she wiped a tear form her eye and smiled at her. "Thank you so much for watching out for my sons. Thank you so much.." She said. Exon only smiled at her.

"Don't thank me, Mrs. Mitchell. If it weren't for them I'd probably be dead." She told her, which was probably true.

"Still though, thank you for watching them." She said, wiping more tears from her eyes and she hugged her again, which she didn't hesitate to return. She then turned and went to me, hugging me as well. I returned it, instantly feeling secure and relaxed. I hadn't felt like this since I lost my mom..

"And thank you too for watching my sons. Thank you.." She said to me after letting me go. I smiled and giggled a little, making her laugh a little as well.

"No need to thank me Mrs. Mitchell. Check, without Gray I think I would have had a panic attack and died." I said truthfully, glancing at Gray to see him blushing and smiling at the floor.

Omg it is so adorable when he blushes!

"God damn you and making me worried sick about you! Do you know how much class I fucking ditched when I heard you could have been dead!" I recognized that yelling from anywhere. I jumped up from my seat and looked behind Gray to see Luke glaring at Exon and Zach. Uh-oh. Luke must have found out about Zach and Exon. Zach had his arm around her waist, as did she around his. I ran up to them and as I did, I spotted dad. I ran to him first and hugged him.

"Paige, Exon, thank god you're okay." He said, letting go of me to go hug Exon. I merely just went and hugged Luke, who picked me up and spun me around while hugging me.

"How's my favorite little sister?" Luke asked me, making me giggle. He sat me down on my feet, then tossled my hair. I glared playfully at him, fixing my hair as best I could since it was already a nightmare to begging with.

"I'm fine. How's college?" I asked , making him groan and run a hind over his face. "That bad?" I giggled, and he sighed.

"So, I already met Zach. Are you going to introduce me to a boy too?" Luke asked, and I giggled but nodded anyways. I lead him over to where Gray and his family was, along with Owen and Dad. I sat down next to Gray, and introduced him to Luke.

"Luke, meet Gray. Gray, meet Luke. Luke, Gray is officially my new best friend, so no threatening him." I say to my brother as I pull Gray into a side hug. Gray on my laughs while Luke rolls his eyes. A few moments later Exon and Zach joined us.

***

(Please excuse weird typos. Also, this is the end of this book, kinda like the first one. I will have one more chapter after it as a epilogue just like the other one, but it'll take place about five years after this chapter. Hope you liked it guys ^-^)