Chapter Eight

"So, that's how it is, huh?" Owen said to the Rapters, taking a step to the Rapter, Blue, in front of him. He held his hands out in front of him, and Blue watched him cautiously. "Easy...Easy...That's it, good girl.." He said as he reached out to the camera atop her head and undid it, showing her he was on her side.

Suddenly, we heard a loud roar and the ground started to shake with each step the apparently large dinosaur made. We all looked up, including the Rapters, and saw the big white dinosaur that had started this whole mess. Claire had mentioned it was called the Indominous Rex.. It roared again and the Rapters screeched back at it, communicating.

The Rapters looked back at Owen, then they all turned on the Indominous Rex and snarled at it, once again on our side. The Indominous Rex roared in anger, and the Rapters screeched back. It came at the Rapters, kicking Blue and sending her into a wall. The Indominous Rex roared again, making the two other Rapter siblings squawk at it. They got in an attack stance and when Owen was ready, he let out a whistle, letting the Rapters attack the Indominous Rex. As they fought, everyone but Owen ran over to a tiny little gift shop while Owen shot at the Indominous Rex with his gun.

"We need more.." Gray said, causing us to all look at him confused.

"More what?" Claire asked her youngest nephew.

"More teeth." He said, making me realize what he meant.

"I'll be back." Claire said, and began to stand up and walk to the edge of the shop.

"Wait a second-" Exon started but Claire was already climbing out of the booth. "Claire!" She yelled but she was already too far away to hear her.

"Don't worry, she said she'd be back. Until then, we should move to a safer location." I said, and I saw Exon nod while releasing a shaky breath.

"We need to get inside a sturdier building." Gray said, and I nodded.

"We can't just leave Owen out there. We gotta help him." Exon said, and Zach placed his hand on her shoulder.

"He'll be fine, Exon. Besides, I'm not letting you get yourself killed." Zach said, and she gave him a dead panned look, which he smirked at a little.

"I'm not that clumsy, sheesh." She said sarcastically, and he chuckled a little. I also giggled slightly at her.

"Come on, we need you more than he needs you." Zach said and she finally agreed with him, but before we could leave for another building Owen hopped over the counter and squatted in front of us. He held his finger to his lips, signalling for us to stay quiet. Behind him, I saw the Indominous Rex's shadow slowly moving toward us, casting us into darkness.

Suddenly, it smashed its snout into our little gift shop and we all scream, except for Owen who oh gasped and had spread his arms wide in front of us, protecting us. We all scooted as far away as we could from it until our backs hit a wall. We were silent, except for some heavy breathing, and then we screamed again when a claw broke through the wall in front of us. It snagged onto Gray's pouch and started pulling him to it, but we all grabbed onto him and pulled him back.

"The clasp!" I yelled, and Gray's eyes widened more as he moves his hand to the clasp on his pouch, undoing it quickly. The Indominous Rex's claw retracted and we pulled Gray back to us, hugging him. I swear I hugged that boy so tightly I could have suffocated him. He hugged me back, and patted my head slightly and laughed a little.

"Paige I can't breathe!" He said quietly, and I finally loosened up on my hug but didn't let him go. He sighed but didn't say anything else. A few moments later, we felt the ground shaking from the distance, and Owen stood up slowly to see what it was. Exon and Zach copied him, and they all gasped. Me and Gray stood up and saw Claire running with a flare in her hand and a T-Rex running behind her. She threw the flare at the Indominous Rex when she was close enough to, bringing its attention to the flare, and the T-Rex bringing her attention to the Indominous Rex.

Claire dropped to the ground as the T-Rex ran at the Indominous Rex. Claire looked over at us, then hid behind a piece of a building that had fallen. We stared at the two Rex's fighting, shocked. The Indominous Rex was starting to win the fight, pinning the T-Rex to the ground. They were slowly making their way to us, and before we knew it one of them crashed through one of our walls. Exon screamed, as did me and Gray. Owen looked from the fight to Claire again, and then she screamed at us.

"Run!" She screamed, and Owen looked over at us.

"Go, go!" He yelled, and we all started running through the broken wall, heading for Claire. I saw one if their tails swing in our direct, and I looked behind us to see Exon shove Gray forward and her duck and run in another direction as the tail barley missed her head. She ended up rolling and hiding behind a building as well made it to Claire and his behind the piece of building as well.

"Exon!" Zach yelled, wide-eyed while his hands balled into fists. I saw her peak around the corner of the building and looked at us.

"I'm alright! Just make sure my sister is okay, okay!?" She yelled, and his face soften only slightly at hearing her voice. I heard a screech and then she disappeared around the corner again. I heard her shriek, then it went completely silent. I started to panic again.

"Exon!" Zach yelled again, about to get up to go help her but he was pulled back down by Owen.

"If you run to her they will see you and go after us again! Don't worry, she hasn't screamed so that means she's okay." Owen said to him, and that made him stay with us but he still kept staring at where Exon was. A few moments later the was another screech from where Exon was and Blue ran out from behind the building, running at the Indominous Rex. She jumped on the Indominous Rex and bit it's back while it clawed at it neck, making her roar in pain. While Blue was distracting the Indominous Rex, the T-Rex got up from under it and charged at it, biting its neck and pushing it over, hitting two buildings and causing explosions.

Owen points to another building and we all start running to it. A few moments after we got inside, I saw Exon jump and roll into he building with us. Stranded on her stomach, then looked over at us and scurried over to us. I then realised I had been crying, for how long I have no idea. She scooped me up in her arms and I hugged her back, crying into her shoulder while she let out a quiet sob and ran her hand through my untamed mane.

"I thought I lost you.." I croaked, and she let another sob out.

"Never." She whispered to me, squeezing me a bit more. I knew that the others were looking at us, probably with sad smiles on their faces. Once Exon and I released each other from our hug, I hugged Gray again. I saw Zach pull Exon into a hug as well, and she immediately hugged him back and continued to sob quietly.

"You're okay.." I heard him whisper to her, he sounded like he was about to cry. She nodded her head and let out a shaky laugh.

"Of course I am, dork.." She whispered back, making his hold on her tighten. They pulled apart when we heard Blue screech and get thrown into a building, while the T-Rex tackled the Indominous Rex into the fence surrounding the Mosasouraus.' enclosure. Just as the Indominous Rex recovered and stood up, the Mosasouraus emerged out of the water and bit the Indominous Rex by its neck and back, dragging it back into the water with it.

Was this actually...the end?

We saw the T-Rex and Blue communicate, and then the T-Rex walked away and Blue turned back to us. We walked out of the shop, me clinging onto Gray's arm and walking right beside him. Owen walked a little ahead of us and stopped a few feet from Blue. She tilted her while looking at him, and he shook his head in response, telling her her work as done. At that, Blue took off running down the plaza.

(Please excuse weird typos.)