Horses and Chickens

Start from the beginning

"I'm taking her after breakfast." Marc said.

Oh okay...so we're gonna go look around? I wonder what this place looks like in the morning.

"Kate, do you like Marc?" Miley suddenly asked. Woah...woah..woah...

Do I like him? Yes, as a friend. I will never like him more than that. I admit he's kind and sweet but I'm not ready to love again. Not now..not ever.

"Yes...as a friend. He's kind and caring."

"Huh..son, never thought a girl would say that." Uncle Loyd smirked.

I looked at him confusedly.

"Oh..I know that Marc has different girls every week and has been out in public. Girls say that he's handsome and wild. Well, never thought that a girl like you would say he's kind and caring."

I giggled. "Well he's arrogant at first but I guess I didn't know him that well." I said truthfully.

"Are you going to the Benefit Ball?" Jane asked.

What Benefit Ball? There's a ball? When? I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Marc.

"Oh...Marc hasn't told you yet?" Jane asked, looking at Marc.

"Oh no..." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well, there's gonna be a ball and there's an auction. The money collected from the auction will be given to the orphanage. It will be held in August." Sean said.

"Oh..wow.." I didn't know they do charity.

"Marc, you should have told your employees by now." Sean said.

We chatted a bit longer about some stuff and at some point I'm starting to like Jane and Sean. They're so kind and caring.

"Kate! Wanna go shopping with us?" Miley asked.

"Nah..I don't really like shopping. Besides, I have lots of clothes."

Marc and I went out to look around the place. I can see chickens, turkeys, and horses.

"Wanna go see the horses?" Marc asked.

Seriously?!? I've never ridden a horse before. Heck! I've never been to a farm before.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. Marc just chuckled and led the way.

We went to the small arena. There were four horses. The black one is very majestic. It's body is well built and its color is beautiful. The three were also beautiful. I went near the black one then turned around to ask Marc if I could touch it.

"Go ahead. That's Apple. He's my horse. Slowly put your hand in front of his muzzle. Stroke him if he accepts you." He said.

I did what he said and Apple came nearer so I stroked his mane.

"How old is he?" I asked while stroking his mane.

"He's eight." Wow....he's big.

I then went to the three horses.

"That's Sasa, Storm, and Blaze. Blaze is Stella's. Sasa is Storm's mother." Oh that's why they look a bit alike. I stroked each of them and I liked Storm. Marc gave me carrots to feed him and the others.

Marc's POV

I noticed Kate admired Storm the most. I think she likes him. It's nice to see her happy.

"Wanna ride him?" I asked.

She opened her mouth but then closed it. Oh right..she doesn't know how to ride.