Vencel and Adam.

You may want to play the song to the right for the brilliant effect. [End of The World by Skeeter Davis]

     The melody once again began playing, having been put on repeat, but for Vencel it felt like the first time all over again. With a deep inhale he rolled his head backwards and sang away.

     "Why does the sun go on shining?" he loudly asked, raising his right arm gracefully. "Why does the sea rush to shore?" he continued, his other arm waving the red water around him.

     "Don't they know, it's the end of the world! 'Cause you don't love me, anymore..." he trailed off melancholically, lowering the right hand in which his razor stood.

     "Why do the birds go on singing?" asked Vencel, unable to find a free spot on his wrist. "Why do the stars glow above?" he wondered, setting on pressing the razor against his chest.

     "Don't they know!" he cut with a gasp. "It's the end of the world! It ended when I lost your love..." sang the young man, giggling as he watched the blood slid down his chest and into the red water in the tub.

     He then heard thuds and loud, clumsy steps approaching, but he just continued humming and moving his arms on the rhythm of the melody, even as the door slammed open to reveal Adam.

     Adam's eyes were as bloodshot as the water in the bathtub, his once blue irises now fully occupied by his dark pupils. He stumbled to the tub and turned around, slumping down in the water. Vencel scooted closer to him and straddled him as he waited for the man to realize his surroundings.

     He looked at the water all around him, its colour finally managing to settle in his intoxicated brain, point at which he let out a helpless scream of horror. He grabbed the sides of Vencel's face and shook him.

     "Vencel! This bathtub is filled with your blood Vencel! Vencel all of your blood is gone!" he cried, head snapping impulsively every now and then as a tic and his eyes blinking rapidly. Vencel laughed brightly, grabbing the man's arm and hugging it tightly to his chest, which was bleeding over the older, newer respectively fresh cuts.

     "There's 98 percent water and 2 percent blood in this tub, Adam dearest." he assured, running his fingers up and down the arm. Adam's skin was mauve and black at the area of his elbow because of the injections he'd take, but other than that it had so much free skin that Vencel was jealous.

     "Vencel oh my God all of your blood is everywhere, you-" he gasped, ".. you are... You are dead! No, no, no, no, no, please Vencel don't go!" he cried, pressing his forehead against his.

     The cutter pulled back with an amused look, and he once again reached for the razor on the edge of the tub. "I am dead indeed..." he simply lied. "The only way for us to remain together is for you to join me." he pleaded, bringing his toy to the man's wrist.

     Adam shook his head frantically, tears leaking down his cheeks as he gripped Vencel's upper arm. "No, I can't cut myself. I shouldn't..." he sniffled.

     Vencel shook his head, rubbing his cheek up and down the back of Adam's hand while pressing the razor slightly. "You won't cut yourself, I will cut yourself." he assured softly.

     "No Vencel!" he whined. "I'll- I'll take care of you I promise!"

     With that, he got himself to stand up and pulled Vencel out of the bathroom and in their mess of an apartment. He let the cutter go as he stumbled around for something to wrap the man's injuries with. Vencel pulled some boxer briefs on and then watched disgusted as Adam picked up worn socks and dirty rags, unable to find anything clean.