Chapter 7

[not edited, most likely has errors]

Frisk gasped awake, rocketing up and bumping foreheads with Chara. "Ouch..." Chara said, rubbing their forehead.

"W-Was that all a dream?"

"Was all what a dream?" Frisk glanced around, seeing that they were still in Waterfall. "You were drunk as shit when I got to Temmie Village. I tried to walk us home, but then you passed out! And I wasn't gonna carry you all the way back home."

Frisk rubbed their head. "My head hurts..."

"That's called a hangover. It's what happens when you get wasted." Chara stood up, "Get up, moron, we're going home."

Frisk stood, stumbling every now and then as they walked. Their vision was still a little blurry. "What...exactly happened while I was drunk?"

"You hit on me. Like, a lot." Frisk blushed in embarrassment, "And, well, I guess your brain could only take so much and soon you passed out."

"I...didn't try to kiss you or anything?"

Chara snickered, "Well, kinda...but I didn't let you."

Frisk sighed, "I'm sorry..."

"Don't apologize. Your drunken state was actually kinda funny."

"...Was that a genuine compliment?"

Chara jumped. They hadn't really been thinking as they spoke. "No."

Frisk smiled, "Your dating power's increasing, Chara."

"I should've left you here alone."

************************************

As soon as they got home, Frisk stumbled into their room and collapsed on their bed. "Goodnight, you raging alcoholic." Chara said, "I'm gonna eat all of the pie Mom cooked for us."

Frisk didn't respond, and Chara guessed they had fallen asleep. Minutes later, Frisk heard Chara mumbling to themself. "I can't believe I let you put these demon marks on me..." Frisk sat up, seeing Chara looking in a mirror with their scarf pulled down slightly. "Mom would freak out if she saw these..."

Frisk smiled, "Whatcha hidin'?"

Chara screamed as soon as Frisk spoke, "nOTHING!" Chara quickly tightened the scarf back around their neck, then turned and ran out the room.

"CHARA GET BACK- they're already gone." Frisk groaned, faceplanting back onto the bed.

***********************************

"Are you sure you still wanna wear that scarf?" Frisk asked, "We're in Hotland now. It's blazing here."

"It's not that hot," Chara said, gripping their scarf.

"A plastic cup just evaporated from my hand."

"H-Hey look, there's Dr. Alphys' lab! I actually kinda liked her."

They walked into the dark lab, the screen next to the entrance the only light source. The screen was split into, one showing Frisk, the other Chara. "Damn, I'm fabulous," Frisk said, pointing at the screen, winking and clicking their tongue.

"Yes yes, you're beautiful," Chara said, walking past the screen. A door open and closed, Dr. Alphys walking out. The lights turned on, and Alphys acknowledged the two humans.

"Oh. My God. I didn't expect you to come so soon! I haven't showered, I'm barely dressed, it's all messy, and..." She slowly calmed down. "Umm... H-Hiya! I'm Dr. Alphys, Asgore's royal scientist. B-but, I'm not one of the 'bad gu-'"

"Soo, have you been watchin' us on that monitor?" Frisk asked, walking up beside Chara.

"U-um, yes! H-How did you-"

"And have you seen what Chara's hiding from me with that scarf?"

"U-um?" Chara shook their head, signaling for Alphys not to mention anything. "O-oh, I see! I m-mean, no! I h-haven't seen a-anything!" Chara let out a sigh of relief as Frisk looked at both of them suspiciously. "A-anyway..."

Alphys continued to tell about how she built an entertainment robot and decided to recently add "modifications" to it, and how it's gone haywire. As expected, said robot soon burst through the wall, forcing the two humans into a game show. It was easy, since Alphys gave them all the answers,  until Mettaton noticed, and decided to ask a question the two were sure to know.

"What is Alphys' most recent ship?"

"That's...new..." Frisk said. Then they saw the answers.

[A] The two humans
[B] Asriel(Asgore x Toriel)
[C] Papyton
[D] None of the above

Frisk glanced at Chara. "Don't you dare." Chara hissed. That settled it. Frisk chose [A].

"Correct!" Mettaton beamed as Alphys covered her embarrassed blush. "It hasn't even been a month and she's already begun to scribble their name in the margins of her notes! She's even started a book of them together... Sharing a domestic life! And the name...? 'Charisk'!"

"Welp." Frisk said. "Dunno what I was expecting."

Mettaton soon left, saying the show had no dramatic tension with Alphys giving away the answers. The two glared at Alphys. "H-He wasn't supposed to ask that."

"Well, we gotta get going." Frisk said, the two beginning to walk out.

"W-Wait!" Alphys called, running towards them, "W-we should share phone numbers! So we can..." Alphys glared at the phone they had been given as Chara held it up. "What is that...? It's ancient! It doesn't even have texting. Here, give it to me." Alphys took the phone, ran to a room, where loud noises sounded from, then came out, holding the new and improved phone. "There! I upgraded it! And I even added you to the Undernet's number one media site! Now, we're, um, friends!" Alphys glanced around awkwardly, "Um, I have to go!"

She ran back to the room, and Chara and Frisk made their way back to the ruins, Frisk glaring at Chara's scarf.

*************************************

Frisk tossed and turned in bed, unable to shake the thought of what Chara could possibly be hiding from them. And why? Frisk turned on their side, towards Chara's bed. Chara had their back to Frisk, but Frisk knew that scarf was still around their neck. Secretive little shit. Frisk thought, Why would you hide something from me? Then, they got an idea.

They rolled out of bed, careful not to make too much noise, though Chara was a deep sleeper, then made their way to the side of Chara's bed. Frisk looked down at the sleeping human, who still tossed and turned in their sleep, and reached for the scarf around their neck. They pulled it down, spotting some kind of mark on Chara's neck. Had that been there before? No, then Chara wouldn't be trying to hide it. And were those bite marks beside it? What the hell had Chara been doing?

Suddenly, Chara turned and gripped Frisk's arm, pulling on it and jabbing at Frisk's chest. Stabbing, if Chara had their knife. Frisk bit back a scream, and tried their best not to move and hoped and prayed that Chara would let go of them and not open their eyes. Soon enough, Chara's grip loosened, and Frisk backed away, not wanting to risk that happening again. Then, they started thinking: what if Chara had had their knife? Why didn't  Chara have their knife?

"No, you go to sleep," Chara mumbled in their dream. Frisk instantly ran -- quiet as they could -- back to their bed and climbed in, now haunted with a new thought. What was that mark on Chara's neck?