Every Chance I Get

Every chance I get? Yes, I take advantage of it. This bit I keep to myself.

People think I'm careless? Ha! No. In these situations, of course not. Why? Because it's the only way I get to have her for myself.

As soon as that camera starts rolling... In between someone's yell of action and the resounding clapper... Mine's real. As real as the reel we're projecting.

If I were careless then we wouldnt be here going around in circles finding synonyms for the word "friends" or ways to paraphrase "just friends". I am not as dumb as people think. I'm not just a pretty face like they say. Bakit, can't smart guys be good looking too?

Well, isn't it obvious? Smart guy likes smart girl. Duh.

The director called.

"Okay James, we're doing the kiss. Limang angles dapat so uulit ulitin. Keep it PG pero may kilig. Nakausap ko na si Nadine."

The director walked back to her spot.

"Nadine ready na ba? Alright. Ready..."

James stood on his mark.

This is it. Five angles equals five takes. I love it.

"Halik - Take One."

"Rolling... ACTION!"

Scene
     Girl enters.
     Boy: You did it. *takes girl's face in both his hands* You did great *stares deep in her eyes*

Why are her eyes always so big? Big pools of emotion drawing you in. So hypnotizing.  James thought.

     Boy: *closes his eyes* *touches his forhead with hers* *nose slightly touching*

He draws back for a second.

     Boy:  *stares* *gives a wry, tummy twist kilig inducing toothless smile* *swoops in for a kiss on Girl's lips*

Counting one, two?

At first he did small soft kisses and by god did her lips feel amazing against his. It was soft and warm. It took every bit of his energy to stop himself from suckling her lower lip then tracing it with the tip of his toungue or nibbling on it.

PG James, direk said keep it PG.

---

"Oh yun naman pala eh! Bat di mo nalang i-girlfriend?" Bret said.

"Wait bro, kasi, girls like that, hindi pang shota. Sa simbahan dinadala yan. And that's hard. Those chicks? They've got these expectations. They have this image of us guys and pag nasira natin yon we're done. So ano, this young mag papatali si James? NO WAY BRO!" Jude threw his fist down the table for emphasis.

"Nah, what we have is really good. Bat namin sisirain yon? Besides, I still have this thing na I don't want to be proving people right with their assumptions all these years." James explained.

"Showbiz ng sagot mo bro ah, we're your closest friends. Please lang." Was Jude's snide remark.

"But why? Does that even matter? Don't you like her?"

"Yes it does matter Bret. I don't want to be careless when it comes to our relations. Iba naman kami. And I still have my pride. Ayoko na people will tell me, us, I told you so. If I wanna feel something for her, I can. Madali lang naman yon cos it's not hard to fall for her. I think you of all people should know that."

A smile tugged on Bret's lips. Jude waved his hand in front of the boys.

"The question here though is, do you like her?" Looking squarely at James.

"Hmm---" James' phone rang.

"Yep? Uh-huh. Yes, tomorrow 9 am? Ok. See you." He replied.

Bret and Jude made a face. Gestured towards James somewhat saying "-and your answer to our question is..?"

James leaned back on his chair. Let out a sigh, slowly shook his head as if his friends are hopless, and replied "No bro. Sorry to burst your bubble. We really are just friends."

"SHOWBIZ MO JAMES!" Bret smacked James in the arm.

"What?!"

"Galing mo talaga sumagot bro! When we all know how you really feel."

"Oo nga, lately, you have this loony smile on your face. Tapos you barely go out with us. Don't you think that's a sign?" His friends ganged up on him.

"Sign of what? In case you haven't noticed, it's been pretty hectic lately. After tapings I'm either at another endorsement shoot or magazine interview. Then there's still workshops and voice lessons, dance training. I don't even get to hang with my family anymore. I sleep in the van for crying out loud! So on my nights off, I stay in and catch up on some Zs bro. Sleep."

"Fine, fine. We accept your lame ass excuse."

His friends decided to drop the subject.

He watched them as they went on to discuss about their plans for the night.

But if he was being completely honest...

I sleep at Nadine's.

In a condo gifted by one of our gracious sponsors. Where there's high security, tight lips, and binding contracts.

Hey, don't get me wrong. We don't do anything, just sleep and I do have my own unit down the hall from hers... It's... Let's just say, her place smells better, cozier and homey than mine.