Chapter Nine

Dedication: SubmissiveTyler for the comments and the cute name x

Um, we're almost close to 11k?¿ This is bizarre, that's the most I've ever gotten, gosh. Thank you all so much, I know I say this a lot, but I truly love each and every one of you. I try reading each comment and really want to dedicate a chapter to everyone and that's what I'm trying to do actually. Sorry if I don't get to you! Anyways, love you lots and happy reading! :*)

-

Louis smiled as he looked over from the wheel, to a sight that was even better than the one he was driving past. There sat Harry slumped in his seat, face squished against the window and curls thrown in all different directions. His pink lips were parted and a bit of drool dripped down the edge of his mouth, causing Louis to scrunch up his nose. His arms which were covered in the sleeves of his lilac sweater, were crossed across his chest, while his long legs were sprawled across the small space that he had. Small snores echoed off each end of the car, occupying the previous silence. Louis had flicked off the radio hours ago, loving the sound of Harry's vulnerability better.

Eventually he had to strain his eyes back to the road, once hearing a loud honk from behind him. He rolled his eyes and used his free hand to curl the window down, before leaning that same arm outside of it and flicked his middle finger up, with an amused smile. Though he retracted his hand already and it was laying by side aimlessly, he left the window opened. Unlike others, he enjoyed hearing the sound of voices chattering and the sound of different vehicles traveling on the same route as him.

Louis hummed and took a turn onto a road that he swore he's seen pictures of all over the Internet. Yet, he couldn't help but be a bit in awe. There were rows and rows of tall buildings, paint chipping off of them and graffiti splattering across the walls. Multiple yellow cabs were parked by the sidewalks he was passing by, with people either hauling them over with a whistle or a shout, while others stepped out of the cramped cars. People of all color and cultures were traveling across the area. Bodies were clad in different clothing varying from short dresses to button up shirts. Sneakers to heels were stomping besides Louis' car, most of them having a phone pressed against their ears or in their hands.

And Louis thought it was about time for Alicia Keys to come singing the Empire State of Mind chorus already, because here he was. New York, the city that never slept, ah? Well, he would be the judge of that. Actually, scratch that. Him and Harry would be the judges of that.

He had to swallow down his giddiness, as he parked in a free spot, which he'd thankfully gotten before any of the other busy inhabitants could. Shoving the car key out of its socket and into his pocket, he ran a hand through his fringe, staring at his reflection through the small mirror, with his tongue poked out in concentration. Once he finally straightened out the wrinkles of his shirt, he turned and glanced at Harry. The boy was still curled up, now in a fetus position, with a small smile plastered across his jaw. Louis guessed that the action was the cause of a good dream, and he wondered what it could possibly be.

Did it involve him? Was it like one of Louis' dreams where they'd be strolling down beaches, hands clad in each other's embrace, before Louis slowly turned and caught the other in a passionate kiss. (And then they'd end up having some kinky beach sex, but it wasn't time to think about that right now. He would be doing that in his room with a very educational video playing on his laptop.) But, he didn't have the time to create scenarios in his mind. Instead, he needed to do some more important thing like waking Harry up.

He quickly unbuckled his seatbelt so he could move easily, as he leaned over, now hovering over the sleeping boy. His teeth scraped across his bottom lip, debating whether he should wake up Harry or leave him be. The latter option seemed bizarre, but he really didn't feel like interrupting the other's slumber. He looked so peaceful, as if all the worries had vanished from his body. Oh how Louis wished that were true. He hated seeing Harry stressed or sad, it truly broke his heart. So, Louis promised himself that he would do whatever he could to make Harry smile. And right now, he really had to wake the boy up if he ever wanted to see that action again.