Part 1!

SHE'S brOKen

Friday night. Family game night. Janice and Amorelli, my two older sisters, hate family game night, but I look forward to it. Todays game: Quizzy: Disney Version. The score is tied between Janice, and me. I have to beat her. She won last week. Plus, she took my favorite shirt and wore it to school. I will NEVER forgive her.

"What are you looking at? Besides the future winner of this week's Family Game Night." Janice smirks at me. I return it the favor, smiling sweetly." I reply, trying to to not let the slightest bit of sarcasm or bitterness shine through." Just wanted to wish you luck." Janice is no fool. Janice sharp as a needle. Janice knows what I'm doing.

"If you think you can throw me off, Robin, you're wrong. My mind is too superior for your childish games." She says my name with disdain and disgust as she flips her perfectly straight dark brown hair over her shoulder. My cheeks flame. She's only three years older than me, but she acts like she owns the the place, no the world.

Don't let her get to you, don't let her get to you. I repeat the sentence in my head until I'm calm enough to continue on in the game.

Janice rolls the dice, picks up a card, answers the question and... BUZZ! Incorrect answer! If I get my question, I will win! I will be victorious and I will once and for all, show my older sister, Janice Jones who's boss. I say a prayer to every god, spirit, and even science just to be safe. I pick up the dice, close my eyes and roll a 6, pick up my card and... *Robin blacks out*

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

The sound is deafening. Where am I? The room is swaying. I can't focus on anything. My breath is ragged, and there is a bright white flash of light and I stop breathing. My whole body erupts in pain. I can't breath. I can't see. I can't think. I can't focus. What's happening? A woman in a blue jumpsuit with small dots of red appears over me. She gasps and quickly places a mask over my face. No matter how hard I try to fight it, the floating feeling lifts me up, and I feel like I'm not even on a stretcher. Just then, I blackout again.

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

I wake up in a place that is cold and unfamiliar. I'm on a bed- there is another flash, and I flinch, but I don't feel any pain. Someone walks in, wearing protective suits and masks to filter air. After what seems like forever, my eyes focus enough to see who it is. Mom! My eyes fill with tears and one slides down my cheek. She rushes forward to wipe it. Some slides down my neck and disappears. My mother, through the suit, reaches up to wipe her own eyes. I sit up and she steps back, trembling. When I open my mouth to ask what's going on, she holds a finger to her lips. My eyebrows knit together as I an attempt to make sounds.

"The medicines. You won't be able to speak for at least a few hours. It's a side effect." Mom says gently. But I won't stop trying. I was always referred to as, "the stubborn one". Eventually, a nurse comes in and tells my mom that it's time for me to get some rest.