VII.

Cyd Deshazier

Waking up from my loud phone ringing I looked at the caller I.D to see it was my ex calling. I quickly ignored and tried to go back to sleep cause I really didnt have time to entertain him. Maybe five minutes passed and it rang again and I just decided to answer.

"Yes Mark. How in the fuck can I help you this morning?"

"For starters you can come ride dis' dick. But I aint gone go there. What you doing ma?"

"It's entirely too damn early for you to be playing on my phone. Im sleep."

"Well I'm not so wake yo ass up."

I groaned. I was already up. Once I'm up there is no going back to sleep.

"Seriously why did you call me?"

"I wanted to talk to you duh, why the fuck else would I call?" He said in a sarcastic ass tone.

"You got me so talk."

"I'm finna come over." He said and ended the call before I could respond.

Mark and I used to be together for maybe four years. It didnt end on that much of bad terms but while we were together it didnt worked. I was happy for maybe a year in or two but the last two I knew I wasnt. We argued and bickered over nothing, everything we did irritated each other. I was more unhappy because he wanted me to be something and someone that I wasnt. I changed everything about myself just accomodate him thinking it would make things better but that wasnt the case. We're still cool though, we do fine as just being associates and nothing more. Ego and jealousy is never a good combination and thats exactly what it was.

I crawled out the bed, and stretched my body, I think I slept wrong. I put my music on my speaker in the bathroom, The Matrimony by Wale ft Usher. That song was my song cause Usher is bae. I always said that if I ever were to get married I wanted either that song or John Legend So High to play.

I washed my face with my scrub and brushed my teeth. Taking a shower, I thought about where all my things were so I could get out and go stright to them. I piled all my hair on top of my head in a sloppy bun, he was truthfully irrelevant so I was going to get extra dressed up. I put on some grey nike leggings and a shirt because if I'd kept on my booty shorts, Mark wouls know how to conduct hiself in a buisness manner.

Back in the room, I went to check my emails on the black iPad. Soon after I giggled because no matter what it was and where I am now, Diesel always popped in mind. Ever since that little fight at the mall, when I seen Diesel its just been an hi and bye situation. I didnt want to force anything but at the mall he made it seem like he was interested but I guess not. Even after I texted him, still there wasnt no reply.

Feeling a vibration next to me, it was my phone alerting me that I had a text message.

Open the door - 9:45am, Mark

I didnt bother to text back. I just grabbed my items and headed downstairs. When I did, I seen him walking up the driveway. I opened the door and let him in.

"Your shoes." I stated looking him up and down.

He smacked his lips but I did not give a damn. This my house, he was going to follow the rules whether he liked it or not.

"You hella irritating in the morning." He side-eyed me.

"Same to you. How are you Mark?" I stepped in to hug him and he hugged back.

"Good and yourself?"

"I'm good." I walked him to the couch.

"I know yo thirsty ass need something."