Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal

Start from the beginning

I wouldn't have been so angry if he came up to me and told me how he felt about her. At that time I was already planning on breaking up with her. But just knowing that he would do something like that without thinking of me, broke my trust. Stop thinking about what happened earlier, I commanded myself. They're both not worth a second thought.

Zamzam Amin

"What!?" I stared at my brother wide eyed as if he had two heads or something. He's got to be kidding...right? I mean Adam is going to stay with us here? I can't even believe dad is okay with it. "Ya he's staying here because at the moment he has no place to go. He left his house because of some argument he had with his father." Isa tried to explain.

Now I completely understand why he'd want to leave his house for a bit. Considering all that he told me and all that I've witnessed, I could see why he ran away. I nodded my head reluctantly then turned my head back to the TV set in front of me. I was in the middle of Jane The Virgin when he told me that, which might I add is the worst time to try and talk to me. When I'm watching my shows I completely ignore everything and everyone around me and focus on what's going on in the show. The house could be burning down and I'd most likely not realize it. So far I was at the part where Rogelio was being held hostage in his apartment by a completely insane psychopath who's obsessed with him.

Suddenly the door bell rang and Isa went to answer it. A second later Adam's voice boomed throughout the living room. Thank Allah I was fully covered and aware that he was coming this time. I'm never going to let what happened last time happen again.
At the sound of the front door opening, Baba walked up to Adam with a smile on his face.

I know that Baba likes him already because he likes the fact that him and Isa became fast friends. "Hey Mr. Amin." Adam said respectfully. Wow it's weird seeing Bridgewood High's it boy being respectful. The whole while I've known him he was always disrespectful to everyone. But here he was showing respect in front of my dad. Just seeing him do that brought a smile to my face. Although I don't take credit for it, I think Adam is actually changing. But we still have a long way to go.

"Come on in Adam." Baba gestured for him to come inside and take off his shoes. I turned back to Jane The Virgin and continued to watch it until Isa and Adam walked to where I was. "Hey Sc-Zamzam." He gave me a nervous smile the turned back to Baba. I couldn't help but smirk at him, like he'd call me that in front of my father. "I have to talk to you." Isa told him to follow him to his room. When they both left I was finally able to focus on the show.

Oh Rafael...

* * *

"Hey Ihsan, are you sure you don't need help?" I walked to the kitchen where she was cooking dinner. Instead of staying at my house I decided to just chill with my sister-in-law. And plus since she's pregnant she's been feeling ill. But right now she's determined to cook dinner before Abdirahman comes home from work. Even though he's told her countless times that she needs to rest and that he doesn't need her to cook, she just won't listen. "Yeah I've got this." She replied, chopping up some onions.

"Sit down," I advised her. "I'll cook for the both of you guys." She reluctantly walked to the living room and laid down on the couch. After putting on my apron I instantly set to work on cutting the onions, tomatoes and green peppers. I then turned on the stove and added the tomatoes. I got the Preggo sauce and poured that in after the other ingredients. I also put the pasta on the stove and waited for it to soften. After the pasta was finished I poured the sauce over it and waited for it to cool off. Making pasta is one of the first things mom taught me how to cook.