The Gaps Are Bigger Than Ever

RON'S POV!

We had been stuck at Bill and Fleur's cottage for three days now.

Hermione has been sleeping in her room most of the time; the curses inflicted by Bellatrix had 'taken her energy away.'

Karma, I reckon.

Harry fucking Potter had gone all quiet since the elf's death. 

It's just a bloody elf- it's not like you haven't dealt with death before.

I walked into the kitchen grumbling, my head down. As I kicked a basket across the floor, I heard a gasp from the other end of the kitchen.

I looked up to see Bill and Fleur entwined in each others arms; Fleur with a very cross look on her flushed face. Bill cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Um... good morning, Ronald."

 I grumbled more darkly as I slouched from the room.

Since when had everyone gone in a frenzy of snogging?

I passed Ollivander's room to hear low talking. I paused to listen.

"...about the Deathly Hallows?" I heard Harry say quietly.

"The what?"

There was a pause.

And even quieter mumbling.

Then the door swung open abruptly.

Shit.

"Ron!" Harry asked, in an accusing tone. "What are you doi-"

"Nothing." I replied grouchily and started to walked off again-

What the-

"Ron, what is up with you?" Harry asked firmly, his hand gripped tightly around my wrist. "Ever since the manor, you've... reverted."

I clenched my fist, glaring.

"I'm fine," I said shortly. I went to set off again.

"Ron." Harry's lime-green eyes pierced me this time. "You're being a bloody idiot. What. Is. Up?"

"Nothing." I tried to shrug calmly. But by the look of Harry's expression, I wasn't doing a very good job of covering the fact I wanted to curse him right then and there.

"Now, look here." Harry's voice was iron now. "One of your best friends has been mortally injured. Tortured... Not like she has exposed to that before, yes?"

I said nothing.

"You have been slouching, grumbling and been moody all day. If you're not happy here, fine. We'll complete the mission without you."

I saw a stronger wave of red. I saw Harry shoot me a look.

I reached for my wand-

"Expelliarmus!" 

The sound of a wand clattered on the wooden floorboards of the cottage.

"If that's how you want it," Harry hissed. "Then I don't give a fuck on who you are.

"Get out, Ronald."

Fuming, I turned on my heel, picking up my wand as I passed the famous stranger.

***

HERMIONES POV