⭐️; two

Today was the birthday.

And unsurprisingly enough, the whole Im household, plus a few family and friends, were rushing about the large house, trying to prepare everything for tonight's party.

Jaebum specifically, woke up pretty early and was forced to do a heck ton of cleaning and shifting of items for the whole day. This definitely wasn't how he had planned to spend it.

Too bad his parents were bad at the whole organisation and preparation thing.

"Jaebum dear, can you come help lift this for me?" His mother called from the living room.

Jaebum sighed, putting down the vacuum in his hands, and making his way towards his mother. Who was currently struggle to lift a seemingly light weight looking chair. He rolled his eyes and took it from her hands, placing it where it needed to be.

"Thank you sweetheart," She smiled. Jaebum shrugged and left her without a word.

It was sad to say, but he didn't have the best relationship with his parents. It probably had to do with the fact that they're hardly around any more, unless of course they were doing something like this.

Jaebum was making his way back to the vacuum to finish up what he started, until another voice called him from outside in the garden and he was forced to drop his things and go.

Today's going to be a long day. He thought to himself. Sighing once again as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

- - -

Youngjae was currently standing in the middle of his room, looking at the pile of clothes he had just dumped onto his bed.

They were leaving for the party soon and he still hadn't decided what to wear.

You'd wonder why he even cares that much anyway, since he didn't want go in the first place. But hey he'd be meeting new people and first impressions count right?

It was only about 10 minutes later when he finally decided on a pair of dark jeans, a baby blue button up shirt and his new pair of white sneakers. He also managed to do something with his hair. A little gel goes a long way.

Youngjae took his phone and journal and made sure they were safely tucked away into the pockets of his jeans, before heading out of his room.

Downstairs Youngjae was greeted by his father. "Where's your mother?" He simply asked.

"She's still getting ready. You know how long it takes her," Youngjae sighed.

"I'm almost done!!" They heard her voice yell from her bedroom. Youngjae chuckled a bit and watched as his mother came rushing down the stairs, wearing a deep blue dress, while her hair was loosely curled and opened. His father grinned lightly at her, while Youngjae was putting on his shoes.

Then, they were off.

- - -

It was around 8pm when Youngjae arrived, and the moment he did, he didn't even step inside the house. The party seemed to already be in full swing, and his parents were long gone, probably off to meet their old friends or whatever.

Youngjae simply glanced up at the dark sky above him, and stared in awe at the twinkling beads of light.

They looked so beautiful, the stars.