Stories

Stories paint fantasies, dreams and expectations on certain things that we experience as we grow older. Stories don't show you the hardship, the suffering. Stories don't explain why you feel alone when you're surrounded by people, stories don't explain why you're not happy with yourself, and stories don't explain why you fall so hard for people that end up breaking your heart. We grow up expecting these stories that we read to become the truth and the answer to the many things that we end up going through.

One of the biggest fantasies that stories paint for us is love. They represent it as something magical, something perfect, and something flawless. The stories that we read told us that love would conquer all and make us feel the utmost happiness, yet they didn't tell us about the suffering that we face when situated in an argument with someone we love. They didn't tell us that the person we fell in love with might have never loved us the way we did. They didn't tell us that our significant other wouldn't come on a white horse saving us from problems and troubles we encountered.

Although our love may not come on a white horse, although these arguments and unrequited loves may happen, I know that one day, the person who was destined to be able to support me mentally and physically, will appear.

We may have arguments over the stupidest things.

We may not be perfect.

But every imperfection causes a person to be perfect in their own way, and I know they'll be the person I'll love.