Chapter 28. Derek, the third wheeler.

Start from the beginning

"Hold on, hold on. It's in one of these books," I then heard her flipping through pages in books, this was getting more complicated by the second. 

"Okay, um take a picture of it- and send it to me." I said as Stiles started to bounce around impatiently, he clearly doesn't like being left out of a conversation. He was raising his eyebrows and gesturing around him in the air with his hands, telling me to explain what the hell was going on. I simply held my hand up to calm him down as Allison began to talk again, "I just sent it."

My phone dinged, signaling that I got the message, I pulled it away from my ear and opened up the text- and rolled my eyes at the familiar looking purple plant. Stiles sighed in annoyance as he peeked over my shoulder. "Did you get it?" Allison asked quickly. 

"Yep, that's wolfsbane." I replied. 

She hesitated before asking the inevitable question, "What does that mean?"

"It means they're gonna kill him..." I said quietly, we have to get to the police station to keep them from killing Isaac. I glanced at Stiles and he seemed to pick up on what I was getting at. 

I quickly hopped into the jeep and buckled my seat belt, "I gotta go- be careful." 

"Alright did you slow him down?" Stiles asked as he headed down the dark road, we were on our way to the police station- to try and help Isaac. I have no idea how we are going to help the situation, but you never know. 

Allison said she was going to try and keep the deputy or whoever was as far away from the station as possible, I have no clue what she was planning on doing but something tells me that it involved her little archery skills that scare the crap out of me..

"Okay, yeah. We're on our way to the station right now." He said again as he turned a corner, I glanced at his face to see he had a hard expression on at the moment. He was in the zone, and that made me a tad bit nervous. 

We have no idea what were going in there against, if the deputy does beat us- he is a trained killer, and he could hurt Stiles or myself. And then there's the fact that Isaac is a new wolf on the night of the full moon being contained in a small jail cell. Sounds like yet another recipe for disaster. 

"Isaac's.... yeah, he's got a plan but it's not a very good one, and unfortunately we don't have the time to come up with something better." Stiles relented in annoyance, I can't blame him. Scott's plan was as stupid as usual. He was going to have to lock himself up for a bit, due to the fact that he doesn't really trust himself tonight- and my boyfriend and I were going to have to pick up Derek once again and give him a ride to the police station so he can try and help Isaac.

Stiles then ended the call and shoved the phone back into his pocket, I glanced out of the windsheild to see the full moon and it made my stomach clench up in nervousness. I don't want anything else to happen, Isaac is probably going out of his freaking mind right now. I feel so bad for him, he didn't deserve this kind of thing to happen to him- he is such a sweet guy. I've had a few classes with him, but he didn't really talk much... I do remember in eighth grade when we sat together in History though, he talked to me a bit then, but it was usually just a two minute conversation- at the most. 

My eyes traveled back over to Stiles, and the way he was glaring at the road ahead of him- with his hands clenching the steering wheel of the jeep tightly, just brought back memories of the night I was attacked at the dance. Is that what he looked like when he was driving Peter around? What was he thinking... was he thinking about me? My chest started to burn at the thought of what he must have felt like- thinking I could die in the backseat of his jeep. In the same backseat where I have sat for years, laughing, smiling, and being happy. I know that if the situations were reversed... I wouldn't have been able to handle it as well as he did. I would have gone out of my mind trying to make sure he was okay, not caring what Peter wanted.