Chapter 2

Same WARNING as before.

•••

School - the only place in that godforsaken town that Lorna could get away from her father and his perverted friends, the only place she felt safe.

Most people hated school, either because they were bullied or just disliked having to work. However, Lorna liked school, she liked learning, she liked being normal, but most of all she liked to be away from home, away from her father.

She didn't have friends though and rarely spoke to any other students unless it was really needed. She preferred to observe people, she watched those who laughed so easily with friends, who arrived at school daily with a smile on their faces, pretty girls who walked down the corridors hand in hand with their boyfriends.

Lorna was thankful that she wasn't the kind of girl to be noticed down the dingy school hallways. She would barely have a word spoken to her the entire day if she was lucky.

There was one boy though, Daryl Dixon, the son of the man she only knew as Mr Dixon.

Daryl Dixon, was like her and she knew that for a fact. He too was abused by his father and his fathers friends. She didn't believe it was sexual abuse like her but she had often heard Mr Dixon talk about giving "that dammed boy a good-hiding".

Daryl didn't have many friends at school that she was aware of. She had seen him speak to the sheriffs son, Rick Grimes and the schools manwhore, Shane Walsh but he didn't seem to be best of pals with either of them.

Daryl was known for skipping classes and the few times he was there he would be an utter pain in the arse, spending majority of his time disrupting the class and bringing the teacher to the brink of tears from his behaviour.

He was one she observed, not just because of his disruptive behaviour but because of who his father was, and what his father did.

It was English now, Lorna's last lesson of the day. Most students want it to be over as quickly as possible so they can run home, see there families, sit around the dinner table talking about their day, probably before going out and seeing friends.

Lorna however didn't have that to go back to, so why should she wish it away?

The only problem she had with English was the fact she sat next to Daryl Dixon, she hadn't seen him all day so she hoped he had skipped yet again.

However her life seemed to consist of nothing but bad luck, she knew that as soon as Daryl Dixon strolled through the classroom door with his permanent scowl stretched across his face.

"Fuck sake." She heard him mutter under his breath before sitting down in the seat beside her, scooting as far away as possible.

"Do I smell?" She snapped.

He turned his head to look at her, a look of disgust was now spreading across his features. "Stupid bitch." He said before looking away again.

"Asshole." She insulted in reply.

He said nothing in return but she watched as he balled his hands into fists on the desk.

'Just like his father then...'

The lesson went by slowly and Lorna got on with her work like always, she wasn't the smartest, but if she listened to what the teacher said and read through her work properly then she was able to do a good job of it.

"Oi, fancy doing mine too?" Daryl asked half way through the lesson pushing his blank book across the table towards her.

"Piss off!" She snapped. "I ain't doing shit for you!" She scowled.

He chuckled although it didn't sound like he thought what she said was funny. "You'll do it. Now hurry up!"

She picked up his book and threw it across the room.

"Do your own work!" She snapped making the other students and teacher look at the pair.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" Daryl snapped.

"Mr Dixon, Ms White! Detention tonight!" Mrs Peletier ordered.

Daryl and Lorna's eyes widened.

"I-I can't." They both stammered at the same time.

"I'll ring your parents then shall I?" She asked

"No!" They both shouted at the same time.

"I suggest you stay behind after class then." She said before turning back to help another student.

Lorna was on the verge of tears as she remembered the last time she had gotten detention for forgetting her gym kit three lesson in a row and refusing to wear skanky lost property.

"I've had that damn school on the phone young lady!" Her father shouted as soon as she walked through the door.

"I'm so-"

"Don't give me that! Did you do it on purpose, to get out of being here and making dinner?" He asked.

"Of course not!"

"Well I'll make sure you never do it again!" He shouted as he grabbed her hair and threw her onto the floor.

"See how you like this." Her father smirked before repeatedly kicking her in the ribs and punching her in the stomach.

The main reason for her "forgetting" her gym kit so often was because she didn't want anyone to see the bruises her father so often gave her.

"Why are you crying?" Daryl whispered pulling a face.

"Oh shut up! If you weren't playing macho man, I know for a fact you would be too!" She snapped.

"You don't know jack about me! You're just a dumb, cry baby bitch."

"I would have thought with your family background that bullying would be that last thing you did." Lorna scowled.

"You don't know anything about my family." Daryl spat.

"Your father is friends with mine. They like to have a few drinks and then use me as their personal slut." She said, shrugging her shoulders like the news was nothing before walking away and out of the classroom.

"Lorna White get back here!" Mrs Peletier shouted. "Daryl Dixon get back in your seat!" She shouted as Daryl got up to follow Lorna.

Of course he didn't listen and ran out of the classroom anyway.

•••

Vote and comment.