Shadow Academy for Guardians - Chapter 1 - What the *********???

Start from the beginning

I removed my seatbelt and opened my car door. I was wearing black converse, acid dye jeans, and my favorite Grey hoody with a dark Green shirt underneath. So even though it was windy outside, the coldness of it didn't effect me.

The building in front of me had, in big, golden letters, SAOG, which I guessed stood for Shadow Academy For Guardians.

The building was made of big red stone, unlike any stone or brick I had ever seen. It had the same frame

shape as the white house. It had Greek, white, vine-ish designs on the edging. It had big brass doors with silver knockers, which we were approaching right now.

My father opened up one of the doors and motioned for me to go in. Then he shut the door behind me without coming in. Typical. My father and i really didn't see eye to eye.I looked around, only to notice that this building had no windows in It what so ever. I also noticed that every wall had at least two or more mirrors on them.

There was three paths in front of me. One lead up a grand marble staircase. To the left led down a long dark hallway. To the right, was rows of rooms with their doors shut tight. In-between the right hallway and the staircase, there was a grand oak desk with a secretary behind it. She looked nice enough but I didn't

want to get too close to her in case she bites.

But some how my mind tells my legs to move and I walk over to the desk in the corner.

She had deep blue eyes, and a fluffy flock of grey hair that looked to corse to touch. She had on maroon colored reading glasses, with a chain around her neck and everything.

She was writing with a ballpoint pen. The only noises were the pen scurrying across the page, and the soft tap of the end of the pen hitting the chain on her glasses.

I cleared my throat. Her scurrying paused for about half of a second, then began again. Other than that, she made no motion to acknowledge my presence.

I cleared my throat again, a little louder this time. She paused her scurrying and looked up at me irritably. Then she rolled her eyes as she looked up and me and said with pursed lips:

"Hello, and welcome to Shadow Academy For Guardians. I am Mrs.Hoarse, the lead administrator for the academy. How may I be of your service today?" in a bored voice.

"Um, yes. My name is Jesse Walsh, and I-"

"New student..." Mrs. Hoarse said as she started fishing around in one of the drawers to her big oak desk. She pulled out a few pieces of paper, handed them to me and pointed.

"Jesse Marie Walsh, 5" 1", female, 13 years of age, weighs 110 pounds...... Sign here, here, here, and , here."

Then she shoved the papers at me with two keys.

"Room 7b, one hall mate, second floor, room seven. Settle in, get to know Grace Rosh, you hall mate. The first progress report for tomorrow is at ten o'clock sharp. DON'T be late. Now shoo!"

She ushered me away from her desk, and towards the hall with all the doors.

"Straight up the stairs, on the left." Then she returned to the chair behind her desk and continued scurrying.

So there I was. In a building that I had no clue why I was there, going to a place that I don't even know where it is.

So, anyway, I proceeded down the hall, until I reached the stairs at the end. They were nothing like the ones in the front hall. They were wooden and looked very creaky and unstable.

'Man this place is creepy!' I thought as I looked around. 'Why are they so many mirrors every where? There must be some kids here with problems. Yea I bet that's it!'

As for the stairs, I was right, they were creaky. I lifted up both of my suit cases, trying to make less noise.

When I reached the top I became both relieved and confused. Relieved to be off those horrible stairs, and confused at the door numbers.

In front of me was a hallway that seemed to go on for ever, with doors in sets of two. About three sets down, I saw two doors, both saying 7b on them. One said, in viney, lacy, flowery writing the name 'Grace' On it. The other one was blank.

'oh, ' I thought 'Theese must be like two houses in one, except it's two dorms in one. So that's what the old bat meant by 'hall mate''

I tried one of the keys in the blank door. It went in. I turned it and heard a click. I turned the doorknob and opened the door.

I quickly glanced around the room, to see a walk in closet to my left, and a desk and dress beside it. Then in the middle of the wall opposite me, was a queen sized bed. On the wall across from the foot of the bed was a giant mirror that covered the whole wall.

I walked over to the bed and put my suitcases down and unpacked, putting clothes in the dresser and in the closet. When I'm done, I put the suit cases under the bed and stand up. Then I throw myself onto of the newly-made bed. The crisp white sheets smell like raspberries upon contact, so I just rolled around in that for a few minutes.

Then, feeling childish, I sat up.

'Maybe this place could be home.' I thought to myself.

But I knew that I was terribly wrong when my brain registered what I saw in the mirror.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

wow, pretty creepy eh? yes, im canadian. teeheehee.

i pursonally am afraid of ghosts so i decided to see them as your own guardian. please let me know what you think. if i canget enough encouragement then i will continue this story past the first few chapters. after twenty reads i will upload the second chapter, so share my terrible writing with your friends XD :p

lots of love,

Justine <3