Chapter 3

I turned around to see Selena standing there looking sideways.

"Yes, um...." I began

She shaked her head, "We can't talk in public. Sorry." 

She ran away quickly as the girls I was sitting with laughed until I gave them a dirty look, sighing, I stood up and tried to trace the steps of Selena. I don't know why but something is telling me that I need to know more about her. It's like there's an invisible magnet trying to pull us together, I sound crazy but...............

I found her outside school by the water fountain, she had a book in her hand and I think I saw a tear drop into the fountain, I think she whispered, "Why me?" Anguish displayed over her face, tears rolling down her cheeks...it broke me to see her like that.

Not being able to hold myself back, I ran and held her while I rubbed her back soothingly.

"Shhh, it's alright." I whispered having no idea what I was saying. She sniffled until suddenly she pushed me away forcefully.

"YOU'RE JUST LIKE THEM!" she screamed walking backwards, "Don't hurt me please. Justin..."

I was still in utter shock by her movements, and what does she mean 'don't hurt me' or 'just like them' ? Who is 'them'?

"Selena, I won't hurt you. I promise." I said reaching out for her hand.

"LIAR!" she said as she stormed off with tears. I have no idea what is the problem here but I am determined to find out. I turned around sighing as I  walked back into school with my hands in my pockets.

THE NEXT DAY

Selena didn't come to school today, being me I was worried. I am worried about a girl I barely knew. Nice going Justin.

During the last period of the day, which was homeroom was okay. Until Mrs. Terina asked us a disturbing question,

"Do any of you have talents?" she asked smiling unknown of the uncomfortable teens in the room right now.

"I-I-i'm smart." a boy stuttered out.

He was the first one to confess, followed by everyone else. I was last and all eyes were on me, I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and heaved a sigh of defeat, "I can sing and dance."

Everybody started whispering and I looked down worried. What were they saying about me?

"Wonderful Justin, can you sing for us?" Mrs. Terina asked.

"NO" I kind-of yelled .

"Sing, sing, sing, sing," the whole class chanted, in like 2 minutes the bell rang. I was so joyful I hummed my way out of class.

"Hey Justin, I'm trying out for choir and I really need you to tell Mum I'll be late home." Demi said. I rolled my eyes and mumbled ,"Sure."

"Thanks bro." She gave me a quick hug and left.

As I was approaching my car, something caught my eye. It was a girl, I think, sitting alone in the bleachers writing away in her book or notepad. It was definitely Selena and there was no lying about that. I walked to her sneakily afraid she will run away from me again.

"Hey." I softly said sitting next to her.

"Go away." she said never lifting her eyes up off the page. "I want to be alone."

"It's not good to be alone, everyone needs someone with them." I said staring off into the football field.

"Wrong, everyone except me." I could hear her sigh as she continued writing.

"Selena, do you hate me?" I asked abruptly not being able to hold it in.

"No, but I don't like you very much either." 

"You barely know me."

"I know enough to stay away from you."

"I would never hurt you."

"You will. Just like them." she said frustrated, "they pretend they like me at first, then once the populars take them in, I become invisible."

"I hate it." She finished going back to her notepad.

"I know the feeling Selena, I had no friends in kindergarten..." I said trailing off.

"But you did in middle school and high school right?" she looked at me, "I knew it."

"Well..."

"You don't understand, I've been considered a freak for my whole life. My mum is the only person who truly loves me." she said about to break down. "All I've ever dreamt of since I was five was to grow up, be pretty, have tons of friends and a boyfriend.....but God had other plans for me."

She finished fully on crying, "I don't even know why I'm telling you this."

"Hey, hey now. Don't cry." I said trying to calm her, I held her in my chest as she cried into my shirt sobbing her heart away. I was thinking of the things she just told me.....and why does she think she's ugly? She could pass the test as a Victoria's Secret model.

I heard a soft laugh and looked down. "A Victoria Secret model? No thanks, I'd rather be a messy painter or a musician."

"You heard me?" I asked my face getting red.

"Just the last part," she said amused as I hid my face, "I'm sorry for your shirt, I can wash it if you want."

"No it's fine, it's something I'll remember you by eh?" I said trying to make a joke.

She laughed slightly, I wonder if it was to my joke or the failure....I saw a smile creep onto her lips.

"Maybe you're not that bad, not at all."

I smiled at her as we made eye connection, I looked down to see our hands joined.

"Umm, I better get going. My mum will be wondering where I am..." she said awkwardly pulling our hands away gently.

"Me too, uh, see you around then?" I asked

"Yeah, maybe."

"WAIT, where were you for the whole day?" I asked as that was my purpose for coming here before she hypnotized me.

"Just out and about." she said running away.

I looked at her admiringly, she was truly something.

I think I'm starting to have feelings for her, but I was probably just caught up in the moment. I hope this will end up like in those movies where the girl and the guy end up having children and crap.

After telling my mum Demi's message, I settled down to my homework, when I was done I started thinking about Selena.

Wait, what.

____________________________________________

Oh no, Justin. getting attached eh? SORRY I've been gone for ages, school started and it's getting hard to post but I'm trying. Love you guys, :)

lots of books,

Kate