The Transformation

Loki POV

"What's the matter Loki? You look pale." Natasha said as she stared at me quizzically. I had just sat down on the bench when it suddenly felt like someone was ripping at my insides. My one hand was on the bench to steady me while the other one was desperately clutching my abdomen. I leaned my head back up against the glass as I waited for the pain to stop. But it didn't.

"I don't know..." I replied. My voice was shaking as I tried to hide the pain, but it refused to be ignored.

"Maybe Now's not a good time to talk..." She said as she turned to leave.

"No I'm alright. Now what was it you wanted t... Wanted to... S-say?" I struggled to form words as my vision blurred. Then with a thud I hit the ground. Everything seemed to have a haze around it. Like there was a film over my eyes. My hearing was muffled and my head was spinning in all directions as my mind waged war with the rest of my body to stay awake.

         I heard the sound of the locks opening and soon enough I saw the black shadowy figure of someone standing over me. They cupped my face with their hands and held my eyelids open one at a time. Like they were examining them.

"His pupils are dilated, his pulse is faint but it's there. And he's as white as a ghost..." I heard a female's voice say. As she leaned forward her face became clearer. It was Natasha. She kept looking back over her shoulder like she was expecting someone. She suddenly became very frustrated.

"We need a medic over here!" Her voice was laced with dismay and agitation. Suddenly there was what sounded like a loud roar and the entire ship seemed to jolt downward for a moment and then back up, like the spring on a trampoline. Only a second later did all the lights on board flicker. I could hear the deafening scream of the dead as they exhaled their last breath and then the horrible screech of metal being torn apart by some colossal force. Then the hideous roar sounded again like a trumpet blast. Then it was silent.

Then came the metallic thud. Thud after thud, each one closer than the last, it came towards us until it sounded as if it were just around the corner, then... It stopped. I tried my best to look in that direction, but I couldn't see very far. My heart was pounding so loud I could hear it clear as day in my ears. Like a drum beat announcing my dread for all to hear. I could tell that Natasha was just as scared at whatever lurked around corner as I was. My hand slowly crept up to hers and before she noticed I had a firm grip on her wrist. I gave her a slight tug so she would have to look down at me.

"Don't move." I mouthed the words as silent as possible. Her head nodded shakily. Suddenly to my horror the bones in my face, hands and chest cavity started to crack and contort under my skin. The sound resembled that of cracking knuckles. Natasha froze and watched in disbelief as I silently writhed in agony on the ground where I had fallen. Whatever magic had taken over me was strong. So strong I couldn't stop it. I fought as hard as I could to keep from crying out. Every now and then a whine or a squeal would escape as I fought to hold it in. Seconds turned into days as I waited, no prayed for whatever it was that was waiting for us to come and end my misery. Only when I looked back over at Natasha did I realize her look of disbelief turned to one of horror. All of a sudden there came the loud snap of my hip being twisted too far on either side. Like when you twist the cap of a water bottle. At this, a gut wrenching scream ripped through my body leaving my throat raw. Natasha jumped back now up against the glass wall of my cell. Her eyes fluttered between me and the doorway. She screamed as a horrible scaly creature stepped forward and let out a low growl. The kind that vibrates in your chest. The beast let out a roar as it stepped into the light from the darkened hallway. It charged around the room, it's golden scales shimmering in the light like diamonds, then rammed into the side of the cell. This caused the cell door to close and the panels that held the hatch closed and my cell in place opened. Leaving us to dangle over the water beneath threatening to drop us over a thousand feet. Then the thought hit me. We're going to die.