Peace by Friendship.

Start from the beginning

"Mommy." That one word completely took her aback and out of her thoughts.

"What's the matter sweetheart?"

"I'm hungry." She revealed a gorgeous smile and kissed her daughters head.

"Alright baby, take a seat. Did you have sweet dreams?"

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Riley didn't make the same mistake she did last week, the brunette picked her daughter up from school and brought her home. Charlie texted her and said he was coming to pick her up in a few minutes. While Emily ate a small snack she went to pack a bag, adding in several of her horse stuffed animals and toothbrush, any little thing because Lord knows her father doesn't have anything for her. She was just happy she'd get to see her father, she was a little uneasy how her daughter would react. When the doorbell rang it was obvious Riley was jumpy. "Hi Charlie." Her ex-husband had dark hair and blue eyes, almost as bright as their daughters. Really Emily looked most like his mother, but it was a running joke that she cheated on Charlie.

"Hey gorgeous." Her brown eyes rolled as he bit his lip, "long time no see."

"Emily." Riley shouted, "Come here baby."

"Daddy?" Emily stood behind Riley's toned leg and watched as her father kneeled down.

"Hi sweetheart. You want to come with me for the weekend?" Her blue eyes glanced up at her mom.

"Go on Em, you'll have fun." She whispered. "I have your bag packed." The little blonde girl jumped out the door to hug her father. Within minutes Emily was strapped down in her father's truck. "Hey Charlie I need to talk to you about something." She moved for his wrist and took a few steps away from the truck.

"If you are looking for a reason to touch me, just say so."

Riley rolled her eyes yet again and released his wrist. "I'm not kidding Charlie, I just wanted to let you know that I'm seeing someone and it's getting serious. So he'll be meeting Emily pretty quick." Charlie's jaw clenched, "I felt like as her father you had a right to know."

"So much for me asking you on a date."

"I'm sure you were planning on that." She spat with sarcasm, "anyways I hope you have a lot of fun this weekend and I'll see you on Sunday?"

"Yep." The brunette watched them pull out of the driveway and with a smirk she waved.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

You're ridiculous Maya.

No I'm not. He's just getting jealous because someone's going to swoop in, treat you better than he did and be more of a father than he is.
HI BABY!

Riley giggled hearing Lucas in the background.

Has he heard our entire conversation?

Yeah he knows.
YOU'RE MINE RILEY!

Seriously you have to quit putting me on speaker.
She giggled.
What are y'all doing anyways?
She stood up off the couch hearing her doorbell ring.

Oh just hanging out.

"PEACHES! ZAY! LUCAS!" The brunette jumped into Maya's arms. "What are y'all doing here?"

"Grilling out beautiful." Lucas pulled her off of her best friend, "I don't think I've ever gotten that kind of reaction." He joked, their friends sauntered inside, leaving them both on the porch.

"Because you get this kind of reaction." Her arms snaked around his neck as their soft kiss slowly turned into a passionate one. Deepening with every movement, Riley felt her back press against the entryway wall, his hands moved to cup her face. The brunette tingled everywhere and she couldn't stop herself, their lips moved in sync with one another.