“Bo.” He attempted to move forward.

My eyes widened in fear, back desperately pressing to the lockers to try and increase the distance between us. But I couldn’t. I was petrified he would cause me harm again.

“Oh god, no please…..not again.” Harry frantically pleaded.

The pain in his eyes was heart breaking, but I was too afraid to do anything. He dropped to his knees in front of me. My terrified gaze stayed locked ahead, not looking down. I jumped, gasping as Harry’s strong arms wrapped round the back of my thighs. His head rested on my stomach and he clutched me tighter when he felt my reluctance towards his touch. I was shaking.

“Bo, please. I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you. That’s the last thing I’d want to do….I’m sorry.”

I closed my eyes as tears rolled down my cheeks. Harry’s body was warm against my own. I wanted to comfort him but I didn’t know how, my entirety still frozen to the spot. He was like a little boy, lost and alone as he searched for some kind of love.

 I didn’t want him to be alone.

“Please.” He whispered.

With tears still falling from my eyes, I hesitantly placed my hand on the back of Harry’s head, soothingly stroking his dark curls as he clung to me. Our breathing seemed to slow down as I showed Harry some comfort. I knew he had never intended to hurt me. One of his arms moved round to my front. I glanced down to see his eyes squeeze close in pain as I flinched at his contact with my injured forearm. His moist lips softly trailed kisses over the redden skin, desperately attempting to lift away the fear.

I’m so sorry, Baby.” He mumbled quietly against my skin.

“It’s alright….it’s alright, Harry.” I whispered repeatedly.

I bravely caught hold of his chin, angling it up to my face. Small tears stung in his eyes as he desperately looked to me. His arm loosened round my body as I slid down to the floor. The situation had calmed as I sat astride Harry’s kneeling position. His head rested near my shoulder as I continued to stroke his curls.

“I didn’t mean to.” He quietly told me.

I drew in a sharp breath as he nuzzle his face into the crook of my neck. We stayed wrapped in each other, my lips leaving kisses to his cheek every now and then.

“I care about you, Harry. I don’t want to see you get hurt…I-I’m just worried about you.”

He nodded in understanding. Curls tickling against my skin.

“Bo, I’m still going to fight.” His raspy voice echoed.

His words brought pain to my chest. But I decided not to press it any further. I didn’t want things to escalate again.

“Will you stay?”

“Yes.”

***

It was strange watching Harry train. This time he was the one taking powerful swings at the strike pads. He looked strong, in control; his complete focus on the task in front of him. Channelling his anger into something he was skilled at. The guy with him was struggling slightly as Harry’s gloves continually beat against the strike pads. But I couldn’t shake the horrible feeling.

“He’ll be alright you know.” Tom spoke up.

I glanced to him sat beside me, my book lay forgotten in my lap.

“Did he tell you who he was fighting?”

I shook my head. I didn’t really want to know who Harry was going up against. The thought churned my stomach. Images of him laid unconscious on the boxing ring floor flooded my mind.