Part 84

Once they got everyone on the dance floor Bruno and Mia didn't leave it until Mia told Bruno she needed a drink. He took her hand and lead her off the dance floor to a table.

"You sit here baby. I'll be right back with your punch" Bruno said to her.

"Thank you" Mia said to him with a smile.

Bruno walked away and Mia sat there watching the people who were still on the dance floor. She had a smile on her face as she thought to herself 'Bruno and I did that. We got just about everyone to get on the dance floor.' She still couldn't believe she did that with him. Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Hello Mia. You looked really good out there and you look beautiful tonight" the voice said to her.

She knew who it was before she even looked up. When she did she said "Thank you Tyler. You're not supoosed to be near me though. What do you want?"

Tyler put his hands up in a defensive stance. "I'm not trying to cause any trouble. Honest. I come in peace" he said.

Mia felt someone walk up behind her. She could smell the cologne and she knew it was Bruno. "Are you lost man?" she heard Bruno's voice behind her and he placed a hand on her shoulder.

Tyler looked up at Bruno. "I'm not trying to start trouble. I just wanted to apologize to both of you. I was out of line with what I did to you" he was looking down at Mia again. "I never meant any of it" He looked back at Bruno. "You deserve her. I see that she's happy with you and you're obviously a better man to her than I ever was. So again, I just wanted to come over here and apologize to the both of you. A sincere apology from the bottom of my heart. I wish you two the best together" Tyler said.

Mia brought her hand up to touch the hand Bruno had on her shoulder as if asking him for a response to what Tyler had just said. Bruno understood and spoke first. "We appreciate that Tyler. Thank you" he said.

"Yes. Thank you Tyler" Mia repeated.

Tyler just nodded his head. "I'll let you two get back to enjoying your night" he said and turned around and walked away.

"That was....." Mia trailed off not sure what word to us to finish her sentence.

"Unexpected" Bruno provided for her.

"Yes. Very unexpected" Mia said replaying it in her head over and over.

Bruno walked around the chair and sat next to her then handed her the glass of punch. "Here's the beverage the pretty lady requested" he said to her smiling.

Mia smiled and took the cup. "Thank you" she said.

Bruno leaned in and kissed her cheek. "Tonight this beautiful lady gets anything her little heart desires from me. So long as it's not illegal. Actually, even then, I may consider it" he said with a grin.

Mia giggled. "You are just too much" she said to him. Just like that she had forgotten all about Tyler.