Chapter Four

I couldn't stop thinking about her...

It was almost like a disease that spilt over my entire mind, causing me to undo all the thoughts taking over. I was so close to kissing Evelyn. The warmth of her breath against my lips continued to haunt me as i thought about them pressing into mine. Curse that stupid ride interrupting the moment.

Since then, my father had practically home bounded me for a whole month because i was out of line for leaving the dinner he had organised for us to get to know eachother. Well, i did feel bad, but at the same time i was thankful because i got to know Evelyn even more.

As of now, i was sitting on my rooftop, right outside of my room, listening to music as the sun shined down onto my pale skin. It felt like ages since i had followed this routine of mine and since i wasn't allowed out of the house, i was bored as hell.

The shades i wore sat comfortably above my nose as i closed my eyes and listened to 'Words don't come so easily' by Lower Than Atlantis blasting through my earphones. The rooftop was like a little balcony outside of my room with fairy lights cascading around my window frame. It was pretty at night time when i would read out here under the glare of the moon.

In front of me was a tall tree on the front porch and the road ahead leading left or right with a white picket fence around the house. It was a cute area to live in with children riding their bikes with their parents chasing after them and people walking all kinds of dogs. Even those ones you fit in your little bags.

Since i was technically grounded, i decided to spend my day on the roof, perhaps i'll catch a suntan or something? I didn't really tan much as people will notice from my pale skin. However i still had a nice skin tone, as many have previously told me.

Ok...now i sound completely stuck up. But i promise you i am not. I still have insecurities, but i wish to be positive, considering I'm still alive and well.

Then all i could think about as i sat here daydreaming, was the day my mother died.

I was sat in the hospital next to her as she slept, just like she always did right before she died. She had this painful look written across her face that night. Something told me she was ready to leave us, yet i didn't say goodbye because i was still in denial about it all.

I remember asking her to stay and my father would just put his head down, knowing how ridiculous i probably sounded asking someone thats dying to not die.

And when the machine finally announced she was gone, i just left the room silently and ran all the way home, tears pouring down my face as the wind attacked my eyes, making them colder.

I entered my mothers room when i got home and before i knew it, i was waking up to my father shaking my sleeping body.

I haven't really seen him this happy since.

"Hey you, up there on the roof!" I heard from bellow. Now confused, i opened my eyes and looked over the roof and saw those beautiful emerald eyes staring back at me.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I shouted down to Evelyn. I took one of my earphones out as she came a little closer.

She laughed at me as i sat with my legs crossed gazing down at her. She wore a summer dress that was white. It fit her curvy body beautifully and was wavy at the bottom. Her hair was down again in its wavy style.

"I heard you're on house arrest! I thought id come entertain the prisoner?" Evelyn joked.

She was stood on the pathway leading to our front door. Her smile melted my heart and yet i still couldn't stop thinking about those lips.