Chapter 4: Of Saffron and Spice

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
-Julia Child

Chapter 4: Of Saffron and Spice

Celeste's P.O.V

The days after the wine incident went by in a blur and soon enough it was friday.

Raymond had cleared my schedule for friday just like I had asked him to do and since it wasn't such a busy day I told everyone in the office to take a day off.

And here I sat in my house completing a designing assignment till I waited for Zach to give me a call about today's plans.

"Yes. Okay Mr.Kingsten. Yes. The chandelier willbe placed in the centre of the living room. Yes. I've given enough space for four of your family portraits. Yes. I'll finish the design by monday. I'll see you then? Sure. Have a good day."

I hung up the call with my client before tucking a wisp of my hsir behind my ear and continuing the design.

"And done." I spoke to myself as I kept the pencil down, admiring my sketch.

"Done what?" A voice spoke making me jump and fall off my chair.

I groaned and turned to look at Zach who was standing in the doorway suppressing his laughter.

"Why do you always scare me like that?" I spoke getting up and glaring at him.

"Hey It's not my fault you are a klutz." He spoke before settling on the couch.

"What are you even doing here? I thought you were going to call me." I spoke ignoring his previous comment, while clearing away my design supplied and laptop.

"Yeh. I was but then I decided to surprise you. And guess what? Mission Impossible."

"You imp." I spoke chuckling at his goofy grin of satisfaction before throwing a pillow at him.

"So now what's the plan Chef?"

"We are going shopping for spices. So go get ready while I make a few calls kay?"

I nodded at him before heading upstairs.

I decided to go simple for my outfit, with dark blue skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with a printed scarve. I shoved my phone into the pocket of my jeans and my wallet in the other before heading downstairs.

Zach was talking with someone on his cell phone before he saw and gawked.

He blinked a few times before cutting the call and smiling at me.

I smiled back as I walked up to him before speaking,"Lets go?"

Zach nodded at me as we both exited the front door.

I locked the house while Zach pulled up his black BMW in front of the house.

I got in and soon we were driving away.

"So Where are we going?" I asked as I clasped on my seat belt.

"There' s a store on Lexington Ave. All of the Indian Spices are available there."