Chapter 1: Choking on Lemon Souffle

"To prepare a dish
The most important ingredient is love."
- a mother's words.

Chapter 1: Choking on Lemon Souffle.

Third person POV

It was one of those days again.
Celeste dashed down the stairs of her house and hurriedly got into her car which was a bugatti though she never remembered the model. She was never that good at cars anyway.

She hurriedly buckled her seat belt and pressed her foot down on the accelerator determined to get to her office before her clients reached there for their scheduled meeting.

'Was I drunk when i agreed to have a meeting at bloody 7 in the morning that too on a sunday?' She thought sighing as she parked her car in the parking lot of her office and with quick steps marched to the elevator, with her heels clicking on the shiny floors.

"Good morning Ms. Woods." The liftman greeted with his usual smile and a tip of his hat before pressing the glowing 18 button, which was the floor her office was on.

"Good morning Charles. How's you wife and children?" She politely greeted back before adjusting her grey blazer to look presentable as she listened to Charles talk about his family.

"Me family's good, Ms. Wood. The children loved the toys you sent them. Honestly me thinks your an angel."

Celeste always loved listening to people talk about anything or anyone they loved.
She smiled brightly just as the door opened to her floor before hurrying out with a nod and calling out," Thank so much Charles. Have a great day!"

She glanced at the wristwatch on her left hand. 6:50 am.

'Looks like I made it.' She thought triumphtly once inside her office and she looked at her appreance.

She looked quite presentable for her meeting, wearing a baby pink blouse and on it grey blazer with grey dress pants.

Her dirty blonde hair was up in a bun with a few wisps of hair framing her heart shaped face.

Just as she finished reapplying her lipstick, the telephone on her table cackled. It was her assistant Raymond, calling from the inquiry desk.

"The kingstens are here, Ms. Wood. Do you want me to send them to your office?" His deep voice sounded.

"Yes Ray. Send them through. And keep my schedule for today and next week ready. Meet me in my office after my meeting. Thank you." She replied sitting down at her chair.

The kingstens arrived and by 8:30 am the meeting was done.
Raymod arrived just as they left.

He was a tall guy at 5'11 compared to her 5'5 with black hair and striking grey eyes.

No wonder most of the office ladies swooned at him.

Celeste chuckled at that thought as he entered her office.

"Good morning Celeste." He greeted her once again as he sat down in front of her.

He only called her Ms. Wood when it came to clients and the office while at other times they were more like friends than associates.