Giggling, Alexandra replied, "Thank you so much John, you're the best!"

"How have you been doing by the way? It's been quite a while since you've been here." John asked, while preparing her order.

"I've been fine. Classes, work, the usual." Alexandra shrugged.

"You still going out with that boy then?" John frowned.

"Well, yea. I guess." She mumbled. John knew all about Justin because every time he stood her up on a date, she'd ended up here, drowning her frustrations and sadness in the chocolaty goodness that was John's ice-cream.

"Ah Alex, that boy's bad news. I don't want you getting yourself hurt." John said sadly. He saw Alexandra as the daughter he never had. He'd married and together with his wife, had started this bar. But before they could have any children, she had passed away due to a car crash. He missed her so much and even though it pained him to be reminded of her everyday, he couldn't bear to close down the place he and his beloved wife had started.

"I know John, it's just that... I don't know... He's the only one who's ever been nice to me.. And I just...."

She looked so lost and confused that John decided not to push her.

Sighing, he said, "Just be careful alright?", giving her a sad smile.

"I will." She gave him a smile back and thanked him when he gave her the ice-cream she ordered.

She took the a spoonful of ice-cream, put it into her mouth and moaned softly as she felt it melt in her mouth. Nothing could beat the taste of chocolate ice-cream. Not even the most depressing thought.

Licking at the sweet treat, her mind wandered back to the conversation she and her friends had just had. She didn't want to believe them. Sure, Justin had a habit of being late during their dates, but at least he came. Even though the earliest he ever came was an hour later after the said time, she was still thankful he chose to go out with her. He could have anyone he ever wanted from their uni, yet he chose her. 'It must be love!' She thought,trying to convince herself no matter how impossible it seemed.

Tasting a new flavor, Alexandria paused. "Hey John, what's this new ice-cream?"

"Oh that one has abit of alcohol in it. You're of age and I thought you'd like to try my new recipe." John smiled at her, and then turned back to his customers.

Frowning at her ice-cream, Alexandra hesitated. She got drunk easily and she didn't dare take too much. 'Maybe if it's ice-cream it would be alright?' She thought, and threw caution to the wind.

As she was happily finishing the ice-cream and even called for another special with more of the new flavored ice-cream, she noticed a guy getting onto the small stage where the piano was. He sat down on the piano and started cracking his fingers.

Curiously, Alexandria watched as he opened the cover and placed his hands gently on the white and black keys. The minute he started playing, Alexandra was hooked.

The melody started out soft and sweet, like a love story, it raised up into a crescendo, loud and passionate. Then suddenly, it turned sad, like a sorrowful melody, mourning a love that was lost. When it ended, you could hear a pin drop, it was that quiet. Then all of a sudden, it was like everyone had just woken up from a dream, a dream spun so beautifully by the pianist, that everyone gave him a standing ovation.

"John, who's that? Who played the piano?" Alexandra asked.

"Oh that? That's my new pianist! He started working for me just yesterday." John answered, before turning away to get more drinks.

Hmmm... New pianist huh? He was talented, thought Alexandra, scooping another mouthful of ice-cream into her mouth.

When she finally finished her ice-cream, it was dark out.

"Oh crap, my dad is going to kill me! Bye, John, I'll see you later. Whoa..." Alexandra jumped up from her seat but nearly fell on her face.

She must have had a little too much ice-cream, she thought guiltily. Good thing she had fast reflexes.

She felt something on her arm, and looked down, surprised to see a hand there.

'What nice hands.' She thought. There were long and perfectly shaped. The hand was big compared to hers, but much fairer compared to her.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she followed the hand up to the most beautiful face she had ever seen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment people!! Please!!! Hope you guys like my new story.. Hehe.. ^_^