Chapter 25

Sorry for the delay, it's been so long since I updated, I kinda had to go back and read what the heck I wrote, so there wouldn't be too many inconsistencies.. hehe :P

Enjoy!~ ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long pause, she finally blurted out.

"Alex is moving in with me!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint stood there frozen, while Alex panicked inwardly, wondering what to do.

"Um... Clint?" Alex asked hesitantly.

"Wha-What did you say? I'm sorry I think I hallucinated for a bit." Clint laughed awkwardly, but his eyes were in a daze.

Alex breathed in a deep breath for courage. "Alex is moving in with me. Tonight."

"Bu-but... WHY?" Clint asked, his voice showing how shocked he was.

"Coz... coz..." Alex dugged desperately in her mind for an excuse. "I've taken pity on her, and have decided to provide for her. You know.. like a parent!" Alex said, happy that she'd found an excuse. "Yes that's it! She can even work in my office part time after classes you know?"

"But can't she work at your office and then continue to stay with me?" Clint asked confusedly.

"Oh no. That would be too tiring for her. Look at it this way, you stay too far away from my office. By the time she's gotten to my office after her classes, then finished her work at my office, I can take her straight home with me. Then in the morning, Victor can drop her off in school before bringing me to work. There do you see how simple that is?" Alex smiled, looking very pleased with herself.

"Well... has... has Alex agreed to this?" Clint asked, his voice sounded slightly strained but Alex had no idea why.

"Well.. not yet. But I'm sure she'll agree when she hears about my offer." Alex nodded, thinking that Clint was worried that she (Alex) would not want to move in with him (Clark). Clark had asked her the night before to move in with him, so he should be okay with it.... right?

Alex frowned. What if he changed his mind though?

Clint cheered up a bit when he saw Clark's frown, thinking that Clark was only now realizing that Alex might not want to move out from his apartment and into Clark's mansion.

"Let's ask her and see, shall we?" Clint asked, hope seeping into his voice.

"Wai-" Alex thought to stop him and take Clark aside later to brief him, but Clint didn't wait for her and opened up the door to pull the still sulking Clark back inside the classroom.

"So Alex.. Clark here said that you were to work in his office part time and then move into his house. Would you be okay with that?" Clark blurted out.

Clark was shocked, but the annoying twinge in his chest was suddenly gone and he felt.... good. Really really good.

"Clark said that... did he?" He asked vaguely, raising an eyebrow at Alex.

In response, Alex put on her best pleading look, which thankfully was not seen by Clint who was too busy staring at Clark awaiting his answer.

Clark could feel his ego puffing its chest. Oh yea, that felt good. He didn't understand why, but he felt smug.

"Yep yep. Do you want to move in with him or stay with me? You want to stay with me right?" Clint added eagerly.