Chapter Forty Nine// Wanna Fight?

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I am," he beams down towards me. I catch his smile and return it with big eyes. "But I must go and do something before class starts." He leans down to peck the top of my forehead, releasing his hand slowly from mine. "Will see you later."

"Ok," I reply as he sends me a sweet smile. I watch him leave around the corner before turning back around to Lacy.

"I can't believe he's back!" Her hands were physically shaking with delight.

"I know, it's crazy. I'm just so happy he is though."

She eyes me up and down, studying me with a hinted smirk. My eye brows cross in a questionable confusion.

"What?"

"Are you two dating by any chance?" Her smirk enlarges as she jumps up onto her tiptoes. "I knew it!" She sings with joy. "I knew this would happen. I told you to never give up. One ticket to Washington was all it took, I knew it would work."

"Pardon?" My cheeks fall back into place as my smile softens. "Knew what would work?"

"My plan," she states. "I knew if I sent you that ticket and arranged you to go to his apartment, you would be able to persuade him to come back. I know I wrote it as Nathan, but I thought it would be more romantic that way."

I let out a sigh of relief, my shoulders relaxing as the weight is lifted off them. "It was you who sent me the ticket."

"Yeah," she beams with pride. "Good idea wasn't it, ay? Why, who did you think sent it?"

"Josh," I admit with a timid whisper. The way Lacy grimaces at the idea was as if I had said Lord Voldemort. "Hey! He does want to fight him, its not a crazy idea. Well, I did believe it was Nathan, that was, until he had no idea what I was doing at his door step when I arrived." I send her a look.

"Yeah I'm sorry I never told you, we wanted it to be a surprise." Lacy goes onto tell me.

I tilt my head. "Who's we?" I ask, interested in who else was apart of her master plan- which seemed to work out to her expectations. Well, their expectations.

"Me and Bailey," she reveals. "I passed her house last week and we got onto talking bout' you and Nathan. She told me all about how Nathan missed you and how convinced she was that he still loves you. A couple of hours later, I had the ticket in an envelope and sent to your door step. I'm so relived it got to you in time. And since you told be about your mom leaving for the weekend, I thought it was the best time."

"It really was, thank you so much."

"Well, I did tell you never to give up," we exchange a laugh and a friendly hug. Words can't describe the gratitude and appreciation I feel towards her deed. Without her and Bailey's help, Nathan may still be I Washington with that girl I'm so glad is only a friend, if that. "So, what are you going to do about Josh?"

"Hopefully he won't bother us. Wait, where did Nathan say he was going?" A sudden pain explodes in my chest, a surge of nerves shooting through me.

"He didn't, just said there was something he needed to do..." Lacy trails off, her eyes drawn to the corner of the long narrow hall way.

"He's fine, right?" I beg for her reassurance.

"Of course he is."

The bell then chimes, students flooding into the corridor not wanting to be late to class.

"Let's go."

To say the least, the first three periods were a drag. Despite my best efforts of distracting myself by gazing over to Nathan- catching his eye a few times and exchanging a heart fluttering smile- I wish the hour would hurry up and be over.