"What happened?" i asked. I could hear the strain in my voice.

"They went wild. I couldn't get to her fast enough." Alison said quietly starring at me. I nodded slightly. I let go of Sarah and put her at arms length. She started to wipe her tears away and looked embarrassed. I stopped her hand and touched her cheek. It was red and felt hot. "Somebody hit her." Alison said in almost a whisper.

"Why?" i asked sternly looking at her. I must have looked rather menacing because she gulped and stepped back a bit.

"They don't think she deserves you." she replied. Sarah still hadn't said anything. I looked at her then at Principal Higgins standing off to the side nearby.

"Can i take her home?" he looked like he was about to argue and spew a bunch of school rules and such. He opened his mouth closed it then nodded. I pulled Sarah back into me and kissed her forehead. She sniffled.

"I'll walk with you guys." Alison said shouldering a backpack. It looked like Sarah's. One of the straps seemed to be torn. In the hallway i looked at Alison.

"Shouldn't we get some adults?" i asked. She rolled her eyes.

"Please, I'm the only guard dog you need." Sarah laughed slightly against me. She had put her arm around my waist. i squeezed her shoulders. She smiled at me slightly then looked at the floor. Alison threw open the doors. I couldn't see her face but i saw the look on everyone else's faces. They looked scared and shocked. I realized i hadn't put on my sunglasses. Oh well. Alison marched toward the parking lot. It was like the parting of the red sea. They all moved about two feet away from her. I held tighter to Sarah as she looked at the ground.

I could hear th whispers. "It's really him." or "They are together." but the one i hated most. "She's not pretty enough for him." Sarah heard it to. I felt her cringe. I gritted my teeth and tried not to lash out at anyone. Alison had reached the parking lot and was staring at the crowd behind us her arms crossed. As we reached her she said,

"Go ahead. They won't follow." she said the last part a little too loud. I took Sarah's backpack and walked over to Liam's car. I opened the passenger door for her and she got in taking her backpack and placing it on her lap. I went around the car and got in. I had left the keys which is really stupid of me. I keyed the ignition and drove off.

Sarah didn't say anything. She didn't even look at me. I wanted to talk to her it as killing me but i think she needed a little space. I pulled into her driveway and got out. She got out and didn't look at me. "Sarah." i said quietly following her up to the door. She stopped at the closed door, turned and looked at me. "I'm sorry." it sounded like i was pleading with her to forgive me. She cocked her head and grinned slightly.

"For what?" she asked. i shrugged my hands in my pockets.

"I don't know... Everything." i said slowly. She laughed it sounded beautiful.

"It's not your fault. Unless you want me to blame you." she said turning back around and opening the door with her keys.

"Yes." i replied following her in the house and shutting the door. She sighed and collapsed on the couch. I sat next to her and she scooted closer to me putting her head in my lap. I smiled and started to stroke her hair. "Are you ok?" i asked quietly. She glanced at me then stared blankly into space.

"I'm fine. I over re-acted a little maybe." she said.

"They hurt you." i retorted. she shrugged. "Don't act like this isn't a big deal." i said crossly. She sat up and looked at me.

"Niall." she said calmly. "I'll handle it." she said.

"Well i don't want you too." she arched an eyebrow at me.

"Are you breaking up with me." i blinked, understanding what i said.

"No! But maybe you should break up with me." she laughed.

"Yeah like that will happen." she put her head back down on my lap.

"Well what can i do love?" i asked stroking her hair again.

"Nothing." she breathed out. I was going to argue but she looked so peaceful. I bit my tongue and kept my mouth shut.

She shifted and grabbed a remote off the coffee table in front of us. She turned on the TV to Disney channel or something and put the volume really low. Then reached behind me and pulled a blanket over herself. I absentmindedly played with her hair and stared blankly at the TV. Within minutes. I could hear her snoring lightly. I smiled down at her. Even asleep she looked gorgeous. I brushed some hair out of her face. she shifted to the right facing away from me. I smiled and slouched down. I rested my head on the back of the sofa. I bit my lip thinking of what to do to help Sarah. I didn't get very far. Before i knew it, i too was fast asleep.