New Job--Chapter 7

**(y/n)'s POV**

That night after my usual scolding from Ms. Daniels, I was getting ready for bed. My phone suddenly went off. I picked it up and answered. "Hello?" "Yes hello, is this Ms. (L/n)?" A man asked. "Yes. That's me." I said. "Good. I am Director Fury of the organization S.H.I.E.L.D. We are an organization that fights to keep our world safe. We have been watching you for a long time. Your powers are extraordinary. You could come in very handy." He says. "Y-you k-know a-about." "We do." He cuts me off. "Does anyone else know?" I ask. "Just me and 2 of my top agents." He says. "I want you to become an agent here. We can get agents around the world quicker." He continues. "I-I would love to work with you. Where are you?" I ask. "I'm sorry I can't tell you that." He says. "Then um, ..can you send me a picture of where you are?" I ask. "I can, but it needs to be deleted soon after." He says. "Thank you." I say and end the call. I smile but stand in shock. "I'm needed." I whisper. I quietly squeal. Then my phone goes off saying I got a text. I go to it and see a picture of a platform. I delete the picture and picture it in my head. I picture that I was there and then created a portal. I stepped through the portal to find myself standing in front of a man that wore a trench coat and had a black eyepatch. "Director Fury?" He nodded. I smiled. "Thank you sir for this opportunity." I say "We needed you here." He says. "Come meet the Avengers, you will be around them a lot." He says. That's when I started feeling nervous. I'm going to meet more new people at the same time. They are going to judge me. I started to lightly shake. He lead me to a room. He opened the door and walked in. I follow him in. I immediately stop in my tracks in the doorway. In the room, at a trouble, sat 6 people in armor. 2 other people stood by them. "Avengers meet our new Agent. Agent (l/n). Meet the Avengers and Agent Coulson and Agent Hill." (I don't care if Coulson died. He is alive here in this story) They all smile at me. I look down and do a small wave to them. "How can she help us?" Ironman or Tony Stark asked. "Tony, she can get all of you and agents to their destinations quicker." Coulson says. "What, can is she like a pilot or something? Remember we already have people to do that." Agent Hill, Fury, and Coulson roll their eyes. "Agent (l/n) can you please escort Mr. Stark back to Stark tower?" Fury says. I nod and picture that the Tower. I open my eyes and open a portal on the door. Everyone stares at my (f/c) portal. I motion for Tony to walk through the portal. He just looks at it. Fury sighs and pushes Tony through the portal. I follow him into it. As I walk out I find myself in the center of a fancy living room. Tony looks at me. "Cool!" He says. I smile. "Now can we go back?" He asks me. I nod and create a portal back to the conference room. We walk through. Everyone stares at us. Mainly me. I start to become uncomfortable and look down at my feet. Tony pats me back. "Fury you did good for once." Tony says while patting my back. I wince because yesterday Ms. Daniels kicked me repeatedly in the back. They saw this. "Ms. (l/n), are you ok?" Bruce asks. I bite my tongue to not whimper. I nod. They push it aside and show me around the Helicarrier. "Director Fury. Do I get paid?" I ask. He nodded. "Remember to not mention this to any of your friends." Steve tells me. "Friend." I murmur to myself. He looks at me. "What was that?" He asks. "What? Oh nothing." I say. He shrugs it off. I create a portal and go back to my room in the orphanage. I change to my pajamas, do my bedtime routine then go to sleep.