Chapter 22

The reception was even more beautiful than the ceremony. The food had been deliciously prepared and the music carefully selected to keep the party going well into the early morning hours. Of course, Tobias and I went to change and left the reception early to catch our flight to Hawaii. It was his wedding present to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder looking down at his ringed hand. He was mine and I was his. The plane ride was long, but we'd slept most of the way and arrived just as the sun was setting on the horizon. Tobias clasped my hand as we passed through customs then grabbed our bags.

            I couldn't wait to explore the island and relax after so much stress with the campaign and working. We caught a cab to the hotel we were going to stay in for the next two weeks. That was when Tobias was going to be sworn into office. Tobias checked us in then we rode the elevator up to the 7th floor. When we made it to our room, Tobias stopped me and lifted me up in his arms to carry me over the threshold of the hotel room. He set me down on the bed, going back into the hallway to get our bags. I took the chance to look around the room. It was beautiful!The sheets looked Egyptian cotton with a wine red comforter. A tray with a champagne bottle and two glasses was resting in the middle of the bed with red rose petals littered around it. Tobias closed the door beginning to take off his jacket and shoes.

            I wandered into the bathroom sighing in contentment when I saw the size of the hot tub built into the shower. There were his and her sinks with fresh towels stacked in the corner. Tobias walked in sliding his arms around my waist then rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Happy with the room?" he asked.

"So far so good." I replied.

"I want to show you something."

He took me by the hand through the small living room through a pair of French doors onto the balcony. I put my hand to my chest being completely taken away by the incredible view of the sunset we had. The orange and heliotrope colors blended together to create one of the most beautiful glows. I slipped my arms around his torso, resting my head against his chest.

            He gave me a light squeeze, curling his finger under my chin so he could get a proper angle and kiss my lips. My heart began to thud against my chest remembering my talk with my mom. I was way better off not talking to her. He smiled, taking me back inside the room. Oh god, I wasn't ready, not even a little bit. This was going to be so embarrassing. I should have just taken up his offer on our first year anniversary. Honestly I had no idea how he had gone this many years without being with a woman. He sat me on the bed and slipped off my shoes. The achiness rushed into the heels and curves of my feet the minute they came off. He kissed my ankles looking up to measure my reaction. I was sure I looked panic stricken.

            Tobias smiled kindly at me and stood up kissing my forehead. "It's been a long day. We should go to sleep." I tried not to breathe out such an obvious sigh of relief, but he knew it was coming. I changed into a non-seductive pair of pajamas then climbed into bed. He threw on his old Columbia shirt and took off his pants to remain in his boxers and hopped into bed with me. He lifted up his arms, calling me over to cuddle up to him. It wasn't the first time we'd cuddled, but this was different. We'd be sharing a bed now forever unless he earned himself a stay at Le Chateau Sofa. "Goodnight Mrs. Delaney." I giggled lightly, loving the sound of that. I was Mrs. Madison Delaney.

Here are your two chapters for the evening! I hope you guys have enjoyed their blissful life, because it won't be for long ;)