Prologue

copyright © 2016

all rights reserved to lostmalone on wattpad. none of this story may be rewritten, reproduced, or reformed in any way unless granted permission.

Hey, I'm Margaret Rose Slade, but you can call me Maggie. Just your average 17-year-old girl from Texas.

I now live in California with my mom, Deborah, and younger sister, Jennifer.

I'm in my Junior year in high school, I get good grades, have a decent amount of friends, and I like to act.

I'm not exactly an actor yet though, so I make videos on YouTube.

As of right now, I have about 10k subscribers, which is very surprising to me.

You're probably wondering why I don't live with my dad. Well then again probably not, but I am going to tell you anyways.

He was the best dad in the whole entire world. Always providing for my family, but then it all stopped 1 month before 6th grade.

Well, you see, he was a firefighter. He got a report or whatever you call it that this family was stuck in a burning house.

Well, hours had gone by, still no return from dad. Later on that day we got a call from the company saying he was killed in the fire.

The good news is they saved everyone, but when he went back to go see if anyone else was in there, the burning roof collapsed onto him.

Everyone tried their hardest to save him, but I mean what can you do when a burning roof is on top of a man? He was pronounced dead the next day, June 3rd, 2010.

I was really depressed in the beginning of my 6th-grade year until I met my best friend, Matthew Espinosa. He helped me a lot, and to this day we are still the best of friends.

Anyways this is my love story. It has a lot of bumps here and there but let's see what happens in the end.

♡○♡○♡○♡○♡○♡○♡○♡○♡

Thank you so much for reading this chapter!

Please comment, vote, recommend to a friend, or add it to your library! It really would mean a lot.

love ya boo!💗

twitter; abrianuh