Chapter 22

So this is what you meant

When you said that you were spent

And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit right to the top

Don't hold back

Packing my bags and giving the Academy a rain check.

My alarm went off. Waking up to my favourite band is the best way to wake up. I slid out of bed wondering why I had set my alarm last night. Was something special happening today? 

Then I remembered.

Mr Jones was coming round again today. It was only the second day and I have three more months of this! How am I going to cope. 

I quickly dressed and brushed my teeth and my hair. I raced downstairs and straight into the kitchen to get some breakfast incase I didn't get a break like yesterday. In the kitchen there was Michael who was peacefully spreading some vegemite on his toast. Since I was told I had a movie premier to attend with Niall on the 12th we hadn't spoke a word. 12th of January will be our 6 month anniversary and we might not be able to do anything because have this stupid movie thing!

"Hello." I say, my voice hoarse from not speaking in so long. 

"Oh, erm hi Lexi." Michael jumps but he doesn't turn around. He keeps his eyes fixed on his toast.

"Do you want some toast with your vegemite?" I joke.

"What? Oh yeah, I suppose I've put a bit too much on." He shrugs.

"Stop being so cold." I mutter under my breath while putting bread in the toaster. 

"I'm sorry, I'm not missing our 6 month anniversary for a movie premier." He mutters back.

"IT'S NOT LIKE I WANT TO GO! IF I COULD CHOOSE BETWEEN SPENDING THE DAY WITH MY REAL BOYFRIEND OR SPENDING IT WITH NIALL PRETENDING TO BE IN LOVE WITH HIM WHAT DO YOU THINK I WOULD CHOOSE? TRUST ME I DO NOT ENJOY IT ANY MORE THAN YOU DO!" With that I grab my toast out of the toaster and spread nutella on the slice.

"Erm..." Ashton clears his throat. We both spin to look at him. 

"What?" Michael asks harshly.

"Is everything okay?" Ashton asks.

"What do you think?" Michael scoffs.

"Oh sorry, so what's wrong?" He doesn't know when to stop asking questions. It's only going to get Michael even more wound up. 

"It's nothing." I grab my nutella covered toast and walk into the living room where Mr Jones is waiting.