Ch.4

~💟~

Sting and Lucy were at the park. They met up again. Admiring the cherry blossom trees. Lucy was wearing a normal grey trench coat, that reached to her waist. with a skirt and stolkings on. A pair of brown boots stopped at her calves. Sting couldn't stop smiling and gazing at the girl. 

"Sting, sorry to ask you this, but...what's it like to be a player?" Lucy asked out of the blue. 

"Umm...well...how do I say it?..Eto...every girl falls for you, I guess. Every guy basically wants to be like you..and everyone wants to be with you. Though, I've dated all the girls in my grade. All of them are..mean..I guess. Cliche cheerleaders. Though, there's this one girl. She's nice..but I don't know. I feel like I like someone else," Sting said. 

"And who would that be?"

"That's the thing. I can't really tell. I've never really felt this with other girls. Just this one girl,"

"What is she like?"

"Hmm...clumsy, loud, sweet. She smiles and laughs all the time. I saw her cry once. But once was the only time. I'm friends with her. She's strong-willed. Gone through lots of stuff and all. I don't know. I think it's just because of admiration," 

"Nonsense! I've read these stuff in books! It's obvious you love her!"

"HA! Nice one, blondie. That's just absurd. She's the innocent type. I'm the....bad type. Complete opposites,"

"Well, you know what they say. 'Opposites attract'," Lucy pointed her finger, as if stating a fact. Sting looked down. He couldn't believe what the girl was saying. He couldn't have. He couldn't have developed feelings for her. It's been two weeks. They've been spending lots of time together. Usually, after school and on weekends. It was their second day of spring break. 

"'Bout you?" Sting looked towards the blonde maiden

"What?"

"What does it feel like to be the innocent type?"

"Eh? Eto...it..feels..normal. I guess? You're not that noticeable, everyone thinks you're a goody-two-shoes or a teacher's pet. They wouldn't expect you to do anything rash. Just that," Lucy sighed. "It's boring," After that, there was a deafening silence.

'Maybe I do love her. Love's a strong word. Ain't it? Like...Like is...more appropriate right now. I like...Lucy Heartfilia' He thought. 

"I'm sorry for asking you this. But..what if a guy confessed to you? His love to you?" Sting asked. Burning with curiosity. Though, he kept a nonchalant facade.

"That..that would be flattering...but..," Lucy stopped.

" 'but' what?"

"Hm. Nothing. Plus, I'm pretty sure  no guy would like me! I mean, it's me! I'm pretty boring, I don't have a good figure, I'm pretty weak," Lucy smiled sheepishly.

"Seriously, blondie. You're too kind and humble. You're not boring at all! Meet my buddy, Rogue. Now that guy's boring," He nudged Lucy, which made Lucy giggle. "You're pretty interesting!  Always have something to talk about. Also, you're not weak. Have you ever cried?" Lucy nodded.

"Well, that means you've been so strong for too long and you just need to let it all out. It's not a sign of weakness, Lucy," Sting smiled, which made Lucy do the same thing. 'Plus, you do have a good figure. Just saying.' 

"Well...I just want to know...what if I confessed to you?"

"W-Well," Lucy fidgeted with her fingers, her cheeks stained with pink. "I-It would b-be flattering..but..I don't think I can return those feelings,"

"Well, what if you liked me as well?" Sting ushered.

"I-I-I still can't return those feelings..," Lucy said sadly. Sting grimaced.

"W-Why?" 

"Since you're my best friend," Sting frowned even more at the word 'best friends'. "I guess I can tell you. I had a boyfriend before. His name was Loke Celeste. I actually thought I had a chance with him. He was the most popular in middle school. I was just so freakin' dumb. He said he liked me. He and I dated. For a...week. But, then he dumped me! Hahaha," Lucy laughed, hysterically. Tears fell out of her eyes. "It was all a prank! I was bullied before, and I got even more bullies since Loke dumped me for that stupid prank. I..I was hurt. I cried for days. I really did like him. I don't want to feel the same pain I've felt before. I don't want to feel it again. So...I..I don't want to take my chances," Lucy explained. Smiling, whilst wiping her tears away with her sleeves. Sting turned to Lucy. He caressed her cheeks. Wiping a few tears that came out again, away. 

"You're strong, blondie. You'd make a wonderful girlfriend, for your information. That guy's a jerk for dumping you like that," Sting smiled. Lucy's heart began to beat rapidly, more and more. She swallowed. Trying to get rid of the lump in her throat.

***

A blond teenage boy laid on his blue bed. His head resting on his arm, while his other one was rested on his stomach. He was in deep thought. 
'Have I developed feelings for her? Have I? Do I...love...her? She's strong, she's beautiful, she smiles and giggles in the loudest, and cutest way. I..I love everything she does. I love her eyes. They're warm and welcoming. Her skin is silky smooth, as well as her sun-kissed hair. Her lips look so soft. Her personality is just....she's down to Earth. She's so humble, she's so kind, genuine, strong-willed, optimistic, forgiving, welcoming, original.... I..I think I do love her. I love Lucy. I, Sting Eucliffe, love Lucy Heartfilia. I love blondie. I'll confess. I'll confess to her! I'll treat her better than that Loke treated her! I'll never hurt her! I'll never make her cry. I'll make her smile whole-heartedly' He sat up and looked at the sky filled with stars. 'She's my star'

~💟~