Chapter Eight

I'd like to start off by saying thanks. Thanks for 10k that's amazing, thanks for all the support I've been getting for my personal life lately, it means so, so much, you guys are honestly amazing and it brings me to tears reading your encouraging and sweet comments. And last but not least, thanks for all the support I've gotten on this book even after not updating for a billion years, it means the world. <3 and I'm so sorry I took forever to update :(

GUYS, SHOUT OUT TO @kforkix BECAUSE SHE GAVE ME A HUGE IDEA FOR THIS STORY AND I WANT TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO HER, (I can't literally do it yet BC my computer has a virus but) ILY AND THANK YOU SO MUCH GO FOLLOW HER AND READ AND VOTE ON HER STORIES AND STUFF BC SHE'S AMAZING.
Anyways, you can read now lol

I woke up in quite a sad mood.
We all were leaving today.
The hurricane had passed through Ocean City, and the guys just had to go home, they'd already missed three of the flights they kept booking.
Bouncing myself off of my bed, I grabbed a pair of clothes so I could take a shower, and pushed the bathroom door open.
"Uh.." a voice mumbled awkwardly. My head shot up, Preston stood in front of me with a towel barely wrapped around his waist.
"I, uh, didn't know you were in here.. sorry." I laughed awkwardly and shut the door, falling back onto my bed.
I stared at the blank ceiling, thinking about him. Thinking about everything.
I picked up my phone and held it over my head, checking the time.
7:27 am.
I checked my Twitter, and my Instagram, which had long since blown up because of the picture Jerome posted of Preston and I on the plane.
Plenty of comments asking if we were dating.
So instead of answering them all, I simply put in my bio 'single :)'.
I had been so distracted by my phone that I didn't notice Preston standing in the doorway, smiling.
"Sorry about earlier, I didn't know you were in there." I laughed, spinning my chair to face him. "Hey, it's cool, I don't really care anyway." He chuckled, sitting on my bed.
There was quite a long pause, but it wasn't awkward, in fact it was comfortable.
"You know we all have to leave today." I sighed, breaking the silence.
He nodded, staring at his feet.
I moved from my chair to a spot next to him on the bed and put my head on his shoulder, "I'll visit, you know. I won't last too long." He nodded again, still in silence.
We sat in silence for a bit longer.
"I've got a surprise for you." He suddenly spoke, grabbing my hand and leading me to the bedroom door. "Where are we going?" I laughed, stumbling along behind him.
"It's a surprise!"

⚫️⚫️⚫️

"Did Jerome tell you this was my favorite café?" I laughed as Preston held the café door open for me. "Eh, maybe." He smirked. "I figured since by the end of the day, we'll be half the country away from each other, I figured we should do something special first."
"So.. You're taking me on a date?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "Whatever you want, cutie."
I blushed as we took our seats.
"Hey, I hate to ruin the mood already, but, I've seriously been wondering about what happened that day at Target."
He sighed and stared at his hands, "Well, it was about Sara's brother. He's always been a bit over protective of her and I mean he's always been cool with me but beat the crap out of the last guy that broke her heart. I guess he had noticed I started getting distant from Sara and came down with her or something. But right after I ended it with Sara I started seeing him. I'm not sure if I really did see him or it was my imagination, but I just got a little paranoid, that's all. His phone call was sort of threatening as well, but seriously it's not a big dead."
I shook my head skeptically, but let him change the subject anyway.
"So you're from Maryland? I thought Jerome was from New Jersey." I nodded, "He is, that's where our parents lived, but right before I started middle school I moved in with our grandparents because for some reason I was just never able to get a long with them, and one day we had a fight and it just got way too out of control and kind of scary, I haven't spoken to them in a couple of years, honestly."
He stared at the table in thought for a second, before speaking up again, "Have you tried?"
"Tried what?"
"You know, talking to them, forgiving each other, starting over? I don't know where I'd be today without my parents."
"I've never really tried, I guess I've just been fine without them. The last time I spoke to them I told them I'd be better off without them. I feel bad, I guess. That was when Jerome lived in LA with Team Crafted, and I was a wreck in my room at my grandmas house. He had wanted to come see me so bad but I told him not to worry about it too much."
He nodded, "You should try soon, and if you can't do it for yourself at least do it for me. Or even Jerome. I know he'd love to see you happy." I had never looked at it in that way. Doing it for someone I loved instead of myself.
"But anyways, let's be more positive, tell me more about yourself. Like about your hair, you remind me of Ashley." He babbled, comparing me to Ashley Marie Gaming.
I laughed, "I dye it a lot, two months before you met me I had blue hair. I need to dye it again soon, this purple's fading."
He shook his head and smiled, starring at his hands once again.
"Hey, I've been meaning to ask you-"
"Hey guys, my name's Julie and I'll be taking care of you all today, can I start you guys of with something to drink?" Our waitress asked, rushing over.
I ordered an iced coffee, and Preston got a regular black coffee.
"Anyways, I've been holding off this question for a while because I wasn't sure how you felt about the whole 'long-distance-relationship' thing, but I was wondering if we could, you know, make this date the first of many, and be more than friends."
As much as I told myself this wasn't surprising, it was.
Preston Arsement just asked me out.
The Preston Arsement.
The TBNRFrags.
The Prestonplayz.
How? I'm not sure.
But I managed an overly excited yes.
I was filled with sadness once again, though, remembering that we would be thousands of miles apart within only a few hours.
And it was going to hurt.
A lot.